Website Developer SMTP request for Forum page

Have a question about Bullhorn's HTTP based APIs? You've found the right place.

API Update [posted on December 13, 2012]:

This version of the Bullhorn APIs should no longer be used.

All new work should be done using Bullhorn's REST or Web Services APIs. For more information please visit: http://developer.bullhorn.com/documentation

Bullhorn REST API provides a simpler and faster way for developers to build applications that interact with the Bullhorn platform and is used by Bullhorn Inc. to develop features of the Bullhorn ATS/CRM application.

Of the BullhornSTAFFING HTTP API interfaces listed below, our analysis shows that the following are most commonly used by developers:

Resume Parsing API
Published Job Data (XML)
The interface to these will continue to work as is because Bullhorn will replace the back end to use REST API. The URLs for these 2 specific APIs may change in the 2nd half of 2013; developers may require to update their applications to use the new URLs.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons

jDelulio
User

Website Developer SMTP request for Forum page

Post by jDelulio » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:04 pm

My website developer (The Atom Group) has integrated our website with Bullhorn. They also have built a Forum page on our site and have asked for "credentials to the SMTP including a username and password." Bullhorn hosts my email but Bullhorn Support said the SMTP information isn't give out. Is there a work around? What do we do? (I am a recruiter, not an IT person so please let me know if I need to put someone at Bullhorn into direct contact with The Atom Group.

Thanks!

Jim Delulio
President
PR Talent

jp.dowd
User

Re: Website Developer SMTP request for Forum page

Post by jp.dowd » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:09 pm

Hi Jim,
There are several ways email can get sent out and SMTP is by far the most common. We do not provide external SMTP access as all of our email is generated through our own servers. Typically, in the web application the email is sent using a SMTP server on your webserver. Unix/Linux servers tend to run their own and windows servers often have a relay set up (or have a mailserver themself).

The best solution is to talk to whoever provides your website to see what SMTP access they can give your application. Be sure to ask about security and ip restrictions because you do not want to accidentally open it up to the whole world.

J.P.

markb
User

Post by markb » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:11 pm

J.P.

If I understand you properly, there is no way I can setup a Drupal website and have emails go through Bullhorn (Drupal uses several modules that require SMTP configuration)? I maintain my own webserver and Bullhorn provides all of our company's email services.

Please let me know. Thanks

Mark
Mark J. Buono
IT Manager
David Wood Personnel
www.davidwoodpersonnel.com

jp.dowd
User

Post by jp.dowd » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:15 am

Hi Mark,
What type of webserver is it? Most servers have smtp available locally. If it is a linux box you are using as a server then I would expect that it is already installed on your box. If you are using IIS then you can enable the SMTP server on that as well. Emails really should be sent out via your local server.

J.P.

amndalb27
User

Post by amndalb27 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:09 pm

thanks for your input
Last edited by amndalb27 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

lucaschuck7
User

Post by lucaschuck7 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:19 pm

jp.dowd wrote:Hi Mark,
What type of webserver is it? Most servers have smtp available locally. If it is a linux box you are using as a server then I would expect that it is already installed on your box. If you are using IIS then you can enable the SMTP server on that as well. Emails really should be sent out via your local server.

J.P.
I am starting a small business and using Linux as my Business Web Hosting solution, and am wondering if I should run email through my server, or just use an outside service like Gmail. Any thoughts?
-Luke

max_max_mir
User

Post by max_max_mir » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:40 pm

lucaschuck7 wrote:
jp.dowd wrote:Hi Mark,

J.P.
I am starting a small business and using Linux as my Business Web Hosting solution, and am wondering if I should run email through my server, or just use an outside service like Gmail. Any thoughts?
-Luke
You should use an email service like gmail. Maintaining an email server just for sending out emails isn't worth the effort.
- Y

Mariia
User

Post by Mariia » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:46 pm

If it is a linux box you are using as a server then I would expect that it is already installed on your box. If you are using IIS then you can enable the SMTP server on that as well. Emails really should be sent out via your local server.