Job Application API

Have a question about Bullhorn's HTTP based APIs? You've found the right place.

API Update [posted on December 13, 2012]:

This version of the Bullhorn APIs should no longer be used.

All new work should be done using Bullhorn's REST or Web Services APIs. For more information please visit: http://developer.bullhorn.com/documentation

Bullhorn REST API provides a simpler and faster way for developers to build applications that interact with the Bullhorn platform and is used by Bullhorn Inc. to develop features of the Bullhorn ATS/CRM application.

Of the BullhornSTAFFING HTTP API interfaces listed below, our analysis shows that the following are most commonly used by developers:

Resume Parsing API
Published Job Data (XML)
The interface to these will continue to work as is because Bullhorn will replace the back end to use REST API. The URLs for these 2 specific APIs may change in the 2nd half of 2013; developers may require to update their applications to use the new URLs.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons

nitinmt
User

Job Application API

Post by nitinmt » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:07 am

I tried executing "Job Application API". The API description says "The Job Application API allows the programmatic creation of a job response, or application. It accepts a candidate ID or email address and a job ID and will log a response in the job activity.".
I gave my labelid, encryption key, jobid, and the userid of the candidate (which was created using AddUserProfilesAPI) which I want to submit for the posted job. When I clicked submit button, I did not get anything on the screen. I don't know whether the submission of candidate was successful.
Also which API will fetch me the list of candidates which have been submitted for a posted job?

regards
Nitin

jp.dowd
User

Re: Job Application API

Post by jp.dowd » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:18 am

Hello Nitin,
The API does not return an explicit success message when a submission is made. If any of the fields are incorrect it will hand back an error to let you know. When working with the API you should make sure you look inside the system to check and make sure you see the actions working in Bullhorn.

Job Response Data (XML) will return the list of responses for a list of jobs. You can restrict it by a few different fields. To start using that API I would recommend just listing the Job IDs first and then narrowing it down to what you need, if you need to narrow it down at all.

J.P.

nitinmt
User

Post by nitinmt » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:45 am

I executed the Job Application API with label id 2622

Job Posting ID= 46
Candidate User ID= 35713
I got a blank screen.

Now if I execute the Job Response Data (XML), I get no records. Please let me know where I am going wrong.

regards
Nitin

jp.dowd wrote:Hello Nitin,
The API does not return an explicit success message when a submission is made. If any of the fields are incorrect it will hand back an error to let you know. When working with the API you should make sure you look inside the system to check and make sure you see the actions working in Bullhorn.

Job Response Data (XML) will return the list of responses for a list of jobs. You can restrict it by a few different fields. To start using that API I would recommend just listing the Job IDs first and then narrowing it down to what you need, if you need to narrow it down at all.

J.P.

nitinmt
User

Post by nitinmt » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:17 am

I executed the Job Application API
label id = 2622
Job Posting ID= 46
Candidate User ID= 35713
I got a blank screen.
I checked on the bullhorn system, the candidate has not been submitted for the job. Please help me to execute the Job Application API so that I can submit the candidate against the job.

regards
Nitin

c.richardson
Bullhorn Employee

Post by c.richardson » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:42 am

The Job Application API actually creates a 'Web Response' on the job record, not a submission. Currently the Job Response Data API only returns submissions, so to see web responses you have to log into bullhorn and view the activity tab on the job record, and expand the 'Web Responses' section. We are working on changing the Job Response Data (XML) API so that it can return Web Responses, but this feature has not yet been released.

nitinmt
User

Post by nitinmt » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:40 am

I have candidate in the bullhorn system, and I have a posted job in bullhorn. Now I want this candidate to be applied for this job. I guess I have to use this "Job Application API". Please help me to work on this.

regards
Nitin

jp.dowd
User

Post by jp.dowd » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:26 am

Nitin,
Give the API a try and if you notice any errors or have questions you can post them here. You can also search the forum for the API in question, you will typically find questions and answers for that API as well as working code samples.

J.P.

nitinmt
User

Post by nitinmt » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:49 am

What API to call for submitting a candidate for a job?

regards
Nitin

jp.dowd
User

Post by jp.dowd » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:05 am

Hello Nitin,

*Job Application API (http://www.bullhornstaffing.com/Bullhor ... nsTest.cfm)

"The Job Application API allows the programmatic creation of a job response, or application. It accepts a candidate ID or email address and a job ID and will log a response in the job activity."

J.P.

nitinmt
User

Post by nitinmt » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:20 am

I want to submit (apply) the candidates profile against a job. Job Application API creates a Web Response. When I tried with some demo site, and applied a candidate for a job it also creates a Web Response. But in application there is 'Add submission', so what is this submission?

regards
Nitin

dsueltenfuss
Bullhorn Employee

Post by dsueltenfuss » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:52 pm

There is currently no API to create a submission against a job. You need to create a Web Response, using the Job Application API, and then the Bullhorn user would turn the web response into a submission within the application

Thanks