method to b used 2 convert xml frm parsed resume API(URGENT)

Have a question about Bullhorn's HTTP based APIs? You've found the right place.

API Update [posted on December 13, 2012]:

This version of the Bullhorn APIs should no longer be used.

All new work should be done using Bullhorn's REST or Web Services APIs. For more information please visit: http://developer.bullhorn.com/documentation

Bullhorn REST API provides a simpler and faster way for developers to build applications that interact with the Bullhorn platform and is used by Bullhorn Inc. to develop features of the Bullhorn ATS/CRM application.

Of the BullhornSTAFFING HTTP API interfaces listed below, our analysis shows that the following are most commonly used by developers:

Resume Parsing API
Published Job Data (XML)
The interface to these will continue to work as is because Bullhorn will replace the back end to use REST API. The URLs for these 2 specific APIs may change in the 2nd half of 2013; developers may require to update their applications to use the new URLs.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons

gbichal
User

method to b used 2 convert xml frm parsed resume API(URGENT)

Post by gbichal » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:35 am

Please let us know Which method has to be used to convert the xml returned from parsed resume API in a similar way as to when you manually click 'parse resume' from within the Bullhorn application.

r.knight
User

Re: method to b used 2 convert xml frm parsed resume API(URGENT)

Post by r.knight » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:58 am

Hi gbichal,

Thanks for your post. Are you actually using the Legacy API's or are you referring to Web Services 1.1/2.0 and using the parseResume function? If your using the Legacy API's, there is a test tool that you can use at http://www.bullhornstaffing.com/bullhor ... meTest.cfm which automatically will allow you to convert the XML into Bullhorn XML.

I hope that helps.

Ryan Knight
Senior Enterprise Analyst
B U L L H O R N
Staffing and Recruiting Software, On Target, On Demand
33-41 Farnsworth Street, 5th Floor, Boston, MA 02210
US Support: 617-478-9126
UK Support: +44 800 032 2848 ext. 131
Australia Support: (02) 8006 1319
International Support: +1 617 478 9131
www.bullhorn.com
Ryan Knight
Principal Enterprise Support Analyst and Team Lead
B U L L H O R N
http://www.bullhorn.com

gbichal
User

Post by gbichal » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:46 am

Hello Ryan,

Thanks for your suggestions...

Am referring to Web Services 2.0 and using the parseResume function and it returns HrXML. So what should be my next step in parsing the resume?

How can i convert the HrXML output to BullHorn XML format?

I want the ResumeParser to return output format in 'Bullhorn XML' format so that i can use the update profile API to update the candidate information into bullhorn database in case the candidate already exists. If the candidate doesn't exist in bullhorn database then I would use Add Candiate API.

Please provide the necessary steps needed to parse the resume using Web Services 2.0 in a similar way as manually clicking the "parse resume" or" parse as existing" in Bullhorn Application

Thanks,
G Bichal

gbichal
User

Post by gbichal » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:15 am

Please reply to the above mail since its very URGENT!!!!!!!!!

r.knight
User

Post by r.knight » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:05 am

Dear gbichal,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Unfortunately we do not provide the steps to convert the HrXML to the Bullhorn XML. We are simply returning the data in the HrXML structure so that you have the option to manipulate the data. It is up to you to translate this into the Bullhorn XML format. I wish I could be of more help.

Please search the forums for previous posts which should provide you with more information about how to accomplish this. There are also several online resources on how to manipulate the HrXML.
Ryan Knight
Principal Enterprise Support Analyst and Team Lead
B U L L H O R N
http://www.bullhorn.com

gbichal
User

Post by gbichal » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:31 am

Hello Ryan,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I was successful in Parsing the resume and adding it to the bullhorn database by using DocumentBuilder class.

The problem arises when candidate already exists in Bullhorn and had to use http://www.bullhornstaffing.com/Bullhor ... PITest.cfm
for updating the candidate information. But here i had to convert the HrXML to the Bullhorn XML.

How can I accomplish this?

Thanks,
GBichal

gbichal
User

Post by gbichal » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:13 am

Please reply to the above mail..

Thanks,
GBichal

jroorda
User

Post by jroorda » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:52 pm

Hi Gbichal,
This is Justin with Bullhorn Support.

Once you have the Hrxml and have converted it into the Bullhorn DTO you have accomplished the hardest step in the process.

What determines whether the DTO will create a new candidate or update an old candidate’s information is controlled by the userID.
The userID a unique identifier for this record, this means that if there is no userID specified the API will generate a new unique userID for the new candidate you just created.
However if the userID is specified it will replace all of the old candidate information with your new DTO. This means that if you want to edit one field you must make sure the rest of the DTO has the same information as the current one that can be pulled from the system (except for the field that you would like to change , of course).

So the difference between creating a new candidate or editing an old one is based upon whether or not you specify the UserID. If you specifiy the ID it will update the old information. If you do not specify the ID it will create a new candidate.

Also just a warning if you try to do a save operation and specify the UserID and it is unique it will add the candidate. However I strongly recommend avoiding this as it can cause serious problems for the client when trying to use the User Interface.

I hope you find this helpful :D
Please Let me Know If this did not fully answer your question.

Sincerely,
Justin Roorda

gbichal
User

Post by gbichal » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:04 am

Hello Justin,

Thanks for your assistance. Your suggestions was of great help to me :D

I could successfully parse the resume and update candidate information..

But sometimes I get these errors:

Error 1:

isSuccess false
diagnostic HttpResponseCode=200
InitStatus=0
InitStatusStr=
StellentStatus=0
StellentStatusStr=
RexStatus=-1
RexStatusStr=Rex has not been initialized

Error 2:

isSuccess false
InitStatus=0
InitStatusStr=Initialization OK
StellentStatus=7
StellentStatusStr=KVERR_FormatNotSupported
RexStatus=7
RexStatusStr=Html conversion error

And sometimes successful message as well:

InitStatus=0
InitStatusStr=Initialization OK
StellentStatus=0
StellentStatusStr=KVERR_Success
RexStatus=0
RexStatusStr=No error

Please note that I use the same resume. Its not that i used a different resume when i got the error message and some other resume when i got successful message..

Thanks,
GBichal

jroorda
User

Post by jroorda » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:53 pm

Hi GBichal,
This iRex error is coming from our third party parsing service.
Unfortunately form time to time you will get a refused connection error: RexStatusStr=Rex has not been initialized
There is no real way to prevent this error. It will happen from time to time.
The only thing I can recommend is to build around it. For example having the parse function run again or try to parse the record later once the error was received.
Once you have a base64ChunkedResume in binary, with the content of the candidate’s resume in 76 character blocks, you have done everything to Bullhorn specifications.
The irex API should accept this information and parse it returning the xml however occasionally there can be connection errors between the Bullhorn API and the iRex API.

Sincerely,
Justin with Bullhorn Support