File Attachment API - File Type should show as "Resume"

Have a question about Bullhorn's HTTP based APIs? You've found the right place.

API Update [posted on December 13, 2012]:

This version of the Bullhorn APIs should no longer be used.

All new work should be done using Bullhorn's REST or Web Services APIs. For more information please visit: http://developer.bullhorn.com/documentation

Bullhorn REST API provides a simpler and faster way for developers to build applications that interact with the Bullhorn platform and is used by Bullhorn Inc. to develop features of the Bullhorn ATS/CRM application.

Of the BullhornSTAFFING HTTP API interfaces listed below, our analysis shows that the following are most commonly used by developers:

Resume Parsing API
Published Job Data (XML)
The interface to these will continue to work as is because Bullhorn will replace the back end to use REST API. The URLs for these 2 specific APIs may change in the 2nd half of 2013; developers may require to update their applications to use the new URLs.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons

rkarthy
User

File Attachment API - File Type should show as "Resume"

Post by rkarthy » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:35 am

Hi,

I'm using the File Attachment API to upload and Parse the resume on BH. But the attached file Type is not shown as "Resume" instead it shows "NA".
How do I update this Type field to show as "Resume" when I use this API?
Karthik
Randstad USA

rkarthy
User

Re: File Attachment API - File Type should show as "Resume"

Post by rkarthy » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:26 am

Can anyone from BH team help on this request?
Karthik
Randstad USA

ml_nws
User

Post by ml_nws » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:01 am

Hi rkarthy,

We seem to be dealing with similar issues; I've encountered your name frequently while attempting to find answers to my own questions.

I've also encountered file attachment problems, albeit with files uploaded through the legacy Candidate API, rather than the legacy File Attachment API or Web Services.

For resumes to be successfully recognized, Bullhorn seems to require that files be sent along with correct mime type information. That is, a file of type "application/msword" will be correctly recognized as a resume, whereas the same file — without that information — will not.

If one is using cUrl (link is for PHP), the mime type can be conveyed by appending ";type/sub-type" to the filename of the file being sent.

rkarthy
User

Post by rkarthy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:52 am

Thanks for the information. But we are allowing a candidate to upload their resumes in the formats like .doc, .pdf, .rtf and .txt. So I can't use only the "application/msword" file type for all my uploads.
Karthik
Randstad USA

s.emmons
User

Post by s.emmons » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:47 pm

Hi rkarthy,

The legacy file attachment API was not coded to have the file type specified which is why all files added this way are defaulted to a type of "NA". I did some testing with this on my own and found it to be the case regardless of the file extension. This can be changed, however, in the UI on the Files tab of the record.
Sam Emmons
Enterprise Team Lead
BULLHORN
US Support 617-478-9126