How to delete candidate

Have a question about Bullhorn's HTTP based APIs? You've found the right place.

API Update [posted on December 13, 2012]:

This version of the Bullhorn APIs should no longer be used.

All new work should be done using Bullhorn's REST or Web Services APIs. For more information please visit: http://developer.bullhorn.com/documentation

Bullhorn REST API provides a simpler and faster way for developers to build applications that interact with the Bullhorn platform and is used by Bullhorn Inc. to develop features of the Bullhorn ATS/CRM application.

Of the BullhornSTAFFING HTTP API interfaces listed below, our analysis shows that the following are most commonly used by developers:

Resume Parsing API
Published Job Data (XML)
The interface to these will continue to work as is because Bullhorn will replace the back end to use REST API. The URLs for these 2 specific APIs may change in the 2nd half of 2013; developers may require to update their applications to use the new URLs.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons

How to delete candidate

Post by Guest » Mon May 14, 2007 2:43 pm

Is there any api to delete or archive the candidate profile ?

cseibert
Bullhorn Employee

Post by cseibert » Mon May 14, 2007 2:49 pm

You would call the profile update API and set the status to "archive". Not sure if you can mark as item as deleted, but you could try ISDELETED = 1.

cseibert
Bullhorn Employee

Post by cseibert » Tue May 15, 2007 9:52 am

I took another look at the code, both status == Archive and isDeleted = 1 can be set via the API.

Archived candidates will still be accessible in the application, but under a different menu item. They won't come back in searches, reports etc.

Deleted candidates won't show up anywhere.

Post by guest » Tue May 15, 2007 5:06 pm

Thanks!!

cdubois
User

Post by cdubois » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:26 pm

Is there a way to delete a Certification element within a candidate profile using the ProfileUpdateAPI? I don't see a IsDeleted element. Also, how do we add Certifications? Is there an autoincrement that occurs? (I see that there are userCertificationID numbers.)

cseibert
Bullhorn Employee

Post by cseibert » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:10 am

There is no API to add or delete certs.

cdubois
User

Post by cdubois » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:30 pm

Do you have any suggestions for adding, modifying, and deleting certs? Are there any other places within Bullhorn that house data on a user's certifications? Do I only need to deal with the certification tags within a candidate's profile? Or do you recommend sending a feature request for a certifications API?

Thanks for all your help cseibert!

cseibert
Bullhorn Employee

Post by cseibert » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:43 pm

I think you're looking at a feature request.