Published Job API

Have a question about Bullhorn's HTTP based APIs? You've found the right place.

API Update [posted on December 13, 2012]:

This version of the Bullhorn APIs should no longer be used.

All new work should be done using Bullhorn's REST or Web Services APIs. For more information please visit: http://developer.bullhorn.com/documentation

Bullhorn REST API provides a simpler and faster way for developers to build applications that interact with the Bullhorn platform and is used by Bullhorn Inc. to develop features of the Bullhorn ATS/CRM application.

Of the BullhornSTAFFING HTTP API interfaces listed below, our analysis shows that the following are most commonly used by developers:

Resume Parsing API
Published Job Data (XML)
The interface to these will continue to work as is because Bullhorn will replace the back end to use REST API. The URLs for these 2 specific APIs may change in the 2nd half of 2013; developers may require to update their applications to use the new URLs.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons

cdubois
User

Published Job API

Post by cdubois » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:46 pm

My private user label is 1907. I have a few questions about the Job API:
  • The Published Job API only returns jobs that have Publishing Status = Published - Approved selected and Open/Closed = Open, right?
    Once a BH user publishes a particular job, where within Bullhorn are you able to view these jobs? Is publishing an irrevertible action?
    When adding jobs, do you have to include a client contact user ID? Or can you just provide a client corporation ID?

dsueltenfuss
Bullhorn Employee

Post by dsueltenfuss » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:54 pm

The published job API uses the isPublic field on the job to determine if the job is returned or not. It also uses the isOpen field, and only returns open jobs. This action can be undone by changing the value of the isPublic field. All jobs are required to have a client contact id.

ernest.lopez
User

Post by ernest.lopez » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:07 pm

My id is 2333 where can i get access to the ispublic key. I cannot publish any jobs.

ernest.lopez
User

Post by ernest.lopez » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:09 pm

My id is 2333 where can i get access to the ispublic key. I cannot publish any jobs.

c.richardson
Bullhorn Employee

Post by c.richardson » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:13 pm

Hi

Sorry for the delay in response, but this has proved a slightly elusive issue.
Your corporation is set up in a way that uses a parent private label. Turns out the PublicJobPostingXml api looks at the parent private label when trying to retrieve jobs. The reason your job records are not being returned is that they are owned by the child private label.

I have just entered a ticket for this issue and will be working on a fix that should go out with our next release, currently scheduled for the end of the month. I will post more information as soon as it is available.

ernest.lopez
User

Post by ernest.lopez » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:17 pm

Is there a way to work around this from inside the app. Can I change that at all or do i just have to wait a month to get this onto our website?

c.richardson
Bullhorn Employee

Post by c.richardson » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:55 pm

Currently the job needs to belong to the parent private label (In your case 2333) for the api to return it. So you would need to edit the jobs you wish to publish to make the owner a user who has that private label (2333) as his/her primary private label. I believe the api would then be able to pick up the jobs.

I realize this isn't ideal, but I'm afraid it's the best we can do until the release.

ernest.lopez
User

Post by ernest.lopez » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:14 pm

Changing the owner is not visible from the app. Also should i contact customer service to tell which user is 2333

c.richardson
Bullhorn Employee

Post by c.richardson » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:23 pm

You can change a job's owner within the app; it's just the Owner field on the record.

And yes, customer support would be able to tell you which users have that private label.

ernest.lopez
User

Post by ernest.lopez » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:15 pm

Thank you for your help

aj2taylo
User

Re: Published Job API

Post by aj2taylo » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:43 pm

Is this issue resolved now?

c.richardson
Bullhorn Employee

Post by c.richardson » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:10 am

Yes, the fix for this has been released.

To get published jobs that belong to a child Private Label, make sure the PrivateLabelID that you give to the API is the correct (child) ID, and pass the variable useGivenPL to the PublicJobPostingsXML or PublicJobPostingsCSV API.

aj2taylo
User

Post by aj2taylo » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:26 am

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I'm running into a major roadblock on accessing our list of jobs though. I'm working on a contract, and have limited access in the Amin section - I don't seem to have permission to set Jobs (called "Requirements" in the admin section - is this different, or is the documentation outdated?) as Public, and I don't even see anything saying "Public" around them.

The client has assured me several are now set as Public, and I'm still not seeing anything.

I'm passing our privateLabelID and encryptedAPIKey as provided to us to the API. Should I pass in "useGivenPL" with a value as true/1 or some specific value?

Other APIs I've tested are returning data (eg. Client Job Data), just not the Job one, so I must be missing something.

Thanks for any assistance.

AT

c.richardson
Bullhorn Employee

Post by c.richardson » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:53 am

Passing 'useGivenPL' with a vaule of true or 1 will make sure it's doesn't try to find the parent private label, so this will help if you have jobs-belong-to-a-child-PL problem.

What's your PrivateLabelID? I might be able to give more specific advice if I know your client's setup.

aj2taylo
User

Post by aj2taylo » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:06 am

Our privateLabelId is 2269 - anything you can see with the setup that would be preventing us from pulling the list of jobs would be extremely helpful!

I did try with the useGivenPL parameter, but wasn't able to access any information still.

Thanks!