Published Job API

Have a question about Bullhorn's HTTP based APIs? You've found the right place.

API Update [posted on December 13, 2012]:

This version of the Bullhorn APIs should no longer be used.

All new work should be done using Bullhorn's REST or Web Services APIs. For more information please visit: http://developer.bullhorn.com/documentation

Bullhorn REST API provides a simpler and faster way for developers to build applications that interact with the Bullhorn platform and is used by Bullhorn Inc. to develop features of the Bullhorn ATS/CRM application.

Of the BullhornSTAFFING HTTP API interfaces listed below, our analysis shows that the following are most commonly used by developers:

Resume Parsing API
Published Job Data (XML)
The interface to these will continue to work as is because Bullhorn will replace the back end to use REST API. The URLs for these 2 specific APIs may change in the 2nd half of 2013; developers may require to update their applications to use the new URLs.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons

c.richardson
Bullhorn Employee

Re: Published Job API

Post by c.richardson » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:37 am

I checked out a couple things. Looks like your client only has one Private Label, so the useGivenPL parameter won't do anything.

I looked at the jobs in your client's database, and it seems they don't actually have any public jobs, which would be why you're not getting any information from the API. They have a few jobs with Publishing Status set to 'Published - Submitted' (ispublic = -1), but none as 'Published - Approved' (ispublic = 1). The jobs need to be published - approved to be returned by the API.
Please ask your client to mark one or more jobs as 'Published - Approved', then try the API again. If they can't see this option in the application then they need to contact Bullhorn Support to have that set up.

Thanks!

aj2taylo
User

Post by aj2taylo » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:43 am

Thanks very much - I was worried it was something along those lines, but couldn't see enough information in the admin to know for sure.

I'll pass this message onto the client so they can get the jobs published properly.

Thanks again!

nitinmt
User

Post by nitinmt » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:35 am

I want to display the posted jobs in my external application. How can I call a API to retrieve job listing from Bullhorn, so that I can display the data.

nitinmt
User

Post by nitinmt » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:52 am

While executing the Published Jobs API, I am able to get the jobs in XML format, but it is not giving details of the client for the job.

regards
Nitin

dsueltenfuss
Bullhorn Employee

Post by dsueltenfuss » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:27 pm

That is correct. The Public Job API only return's information about the job itself. It does not return any information about the client the job is for, nor is it intended to. If you are looking for public jobs for a specific client, you should use the Client Job Data API