Create Candidate, Upload File, Apply to Job

Have a question about Bullhorn's HTTP based APIs? You've found the right place.

API Update [posted on December 13, 2012]:

This version of the Bullhorn APIs should no longer be used.

All new work should be done using Bullhorn's REST or Web Services APIs. For more information please visit: http://developer.bullhorn.com/documentation

Bullhorn REST API provides a simpler and faster way for developers to build applications that interact with the Bullhorn platform and is used by Bullhorn Inc. to develop features of the Bullhorn ATS/CRM application.

Of the BullhornSTAFFING HTTP API interfaces listed below, our analysis shows that the following are most commonly used by developers:

Resume Parsing API
Published Job Data (XML)
The interface to these will continue to work as is because Bullhorn will replace the back end to use REST API. The URLs for these 2 specific APIs may change in the 2nd half of 2013; developers may require to update their applications to use the new URLs.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons

nicu.danila
User

Create Candidate, Upload File, Apply to Job

Post by nicu.danila » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:50 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to create a form that will allow an user to apply to a certain job by specifying a first name, a last name, an email address and a CV (a file to be uploaded).
I couldn't find a way to do it directly (couldn't upload a file using AddUserProfilesAPI.cfm), so I thought I'll do it in 3 separate requests, using curl, to:
1. create a candidate
2. upload his/her CV
3. apply to the job

So first step: I created the candidate, received the "Thank you. Your application has been processed."... For the second one I need the ID of the candidate, which is not included in the response of the AddUserProfilesAPI.cfm.
My question is: how do I get the id? Or is there another way of doing this?

Thanks in advance,
Nicu

apsmith
Site Admin

Re: Create Candidate, Upload File, Apply to Job

Post by apsmith » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:04 pm

To get the ID of a record, you can use the Lookup API (../bullhornstaffing/api/GetProfileAPI.cfm) The test page is here (...bullhornstaffing/api/GetProfileAPITest.cfm).
Andrew Smith
Director, Technical Operations
Developer Forum Admin

nicu.danila
User

Re: Create Candidate, Upload File, Apply to Job

Post by nicu.danila » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:43 pm

Correct, it worked! Thanks!