Custom field queries

Have a question about Bullhorn's HTTP based APIs? You've found the right place.

API Update [posted on December 13, 2012]:

This version of the Bullhorn APIs should no longer be used.

All new work should be done using Bullhorn's REST or Web Services APIs. For more information please visit: http://developer.bullhorn.com/documentation

Bullhorn REST API provides a simpler and faster way for developers to build applications that interact with the Bullhorn platform and is used by Bullhorn Inc. to develop features of the Bullhorn ATS/CRM application.

Of the BullhornSTAFFING HTTP API interfaces listed below, our analysis shows that the following are most commonly used by developers:

Resume Parsing API
Published Job Data (XML)
The interface to these will continue to work as is because Bullhorn will replace the back end to use REST API. The URLs for these 2 specific APIs may change in the 2nd half of 2013; developers may require to update their applications to use the new URLs.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons

beatcanvas
User

Custom field queries

Post by beatcanvas » Thu May 22, 2008 10:21 am

The version of Bullhorn we have (Paragon, Des Moines, Iowa) has a custom field, which is great - but we need to query for that field. We need to pull candidate name, email, phone, recruiter name, and skills where this field is toggled. How do we do that using the API?

cschang
User

Re: Custom field queries

Post by cschang » Thu May 29, 2008 11:36 am

beatcanvas wrote:The version of Bullhorn we have (Paragon, Des Moines, Iowa) has a custom field, which is great - but we need to query for that field. We need to pull candidate name, email, phone, recruiter name, and skills where this field is toggled. How do we do that using the API?
Hi beatcanvas,

Unfortunately the candidate search API currently does not support custom field searching.

jfarmer5
User

Post by jfarmer5 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:38 pm

Has this been updated? I need to access a custom field in the JobOrder Entity. Is that possible through the WebService API or some other method?
Jesse Farmer
Recruiter
Synergy Medical Staffing
888.351.6628 x42
jfarmer@synergymedicalstaffing.com

apsmith
Site Admin

Post by apsmith » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:48 am

jFarmer,

Yes, the webservice APIs can search any fields that is available.

You can find documentation on this here: http://developer.bullhorn.com/documentation
Andrew Smith
Director, Technical Operations
Developer Forum Admin

jfarmer5
User

Post by jfarmer5 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:29 pm

Actually, I found some of these fields on my own. They are in the customText[#] fields, which, as far as I can tell, are barely documented, and there is certianly nothing readily apparent about the relationship of these fields to custom fields in Bullhorn. To find out which field is which, you need to query them one at a time.

I hope someone finds this more detailed explanation useful.
Jesse Farmer
Recruiter
Synergy Medical Staffing
888.351.6628 x42

jfarmer5
User

Post by jfarmer5 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:16 pm

Furthemore, one of my custom fields is in a property called onSite, which is completely undocumented. So you got to look around.
Jesse Farmer
Recruiter
Synergy Medical Staffing
888.351.6628 x42

apsmith
Site Admin

Post by apsmith » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:46 am

Jesse,

Every client can have a different mapping of display name to actual field name. This allows our clients to customize the application to their business needs. As such, we cannot document each client's particular setup. If you know what your display name maps to (For example: customText2 = "Gender"), you will be able to programmatically access the "Gender" field by using the customText2 field name.

To see full mapping of your particular display to field names, use the Field Mapping Tool in the application under the Tools Menu. This menu may not be available to you, as it is generally reserved for Account Contacts.
Andrew Smith
Director, Technical Operations
Developer Forum Admin

jfarmer5
User

Post by jfarmer5 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:10 pm

See, that is good information. But if you look through this Thread, all you find is vagueness. The first thing you did was direct me to the Developer Documentation. Do you think that this information about the Field Mapping tool is in that documentation or readily apparent, if it is? I could not find it.

Thank you for finally getting around to answering my question though. This is a lot easier than querying every vaguely documented field in every DTO that I have to work with in Bullhorn.
Jesse Farmer
Recruiter
Synergy Medical Staffing
888.351.6628 x42