E-Mail Notification going to wrong person

Have a question about Bullhorn's HTTP based APIs? You've found the right place.

API Update [posted on December 13, 2012]:

This version of the Bullhorn APIs should no longer be used.

All new work should be done using Bullhorn's REST or Web Services APIs. For more information please visit: http://developer.bullhorn.com/documentation

Bullhorn REST API provides a simpler and faster way for developers to build applications that interact with the Bullhorn platform and is used by Bullhorn Inc. to develop features of the Bullhorn ATS/CRM application.

Of the BullhornSTAFFING HTTP API interfaces listed below, our analysis shows that the following are most commonly used by developers:

Resume Parsing API
Published Job Data (XML)
The interface to these will continue to work as is because Bullhorn will replace the back end to use REST API. The URLs for these 2 specific APIs may change in the 2nd half of 2013; developers may require to update their applications to use the new URLs.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons

mwilharm
User

E-Mail Notification going to wrong person

Post by mwilharm » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:27 pm

We are using Haley Marketing for our API integration (a pre-developed API tool). If I edit a job owned by a colleague, then I start to receive the e-mail notifications when a candidate applies for that job. Ownership on the job hasn't changed. Haley is telling us that the API uses the RESPONDTOEMAIL_STRING for routing of the notification and that must change when the job is edited by someone other than the owner of the job. How do I fix this problem? :?

cseibert
Bullhorn Employee

Post by cseibert » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:54 am

Are you editing the job via the third-party tool, or directly in Bullhorn?

haleymarketing
User

Post by haleymarketing » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:47 am

They are editing directly in Bullhorn.
Haley Marketing specializes in creating affordable relationship marketing, e-mail and direct mail campaigns, and providing creative services that make it easy for staffing companies to stand out, stay top-of-mind, and sell more.

mwilharm
User

Post by mwilharm » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:54 pm

Yes, we are editing directly in Bullhorn.

cseibert
Bullhorn Employee

Post by cseibert » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:20 pm

So the jobs were originally created via the third-party tool, and when you edit them it changes the user who is notified?

If so, you should try creating a job manually in Bullhorn. Then, have another user edit the job and see if the same issue occurs. If so, I will refer to you support@bullhorn.com. If not, there must be something different about the jobs the third-party site is creating, and we can investigate.

mwilharm
User

Post by mwilharm » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:29 pm

We are creating the job in Bullhorn and then another user in Bullhorn is editing the job. When the other user edits the jobs (e.g., re-formats the test of the job description), the "RESPONDTOEMAIL_STRING" supposedly changes. I have talked to Bullhorm support and they are of no use. They have no idea what this "RESPONDTOEMAIL_STRING" is (nor do I). They recommended this forum.

cseibert
Bullhorn Employee

Post by cseibert » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:41 pm

Ok, I understand now. The field in question is coming from responseUserID on the job record. That's the field that is changing when the record is edited.

That field is hidden on your private label, which why you are not seeing it change. The label for the field is Published Contact Info.

I'm not sure why that field would automatically change on edit. I do see some code in the application that fills in responseUserID with the owner on the job, if responseUserID is currently blank.

haleymarketing
User

Post by haleymarketing » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:48 pm

I'll have Andrea from my office contact Salt Hill Group to run a few tests to determine if this is indeed happening as we think. Maybe we can get you some more details to help figure out what is happening. I'll have Andrea send along the XML from the PublicJobPostingsXMLTest.cfm API before and after the job is changed in BH.

Victoria
Haley Marketing specializes in creating affordable relationship marketing, e-mail and direct mail campaigns, and providing creative services that make it easy for staffing companies to stand out, stay top-of-mind, and sell more.

mwilharm
User

Post by mwilharm » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:00 pm

Can you unhide the field so I can see what value is in each job? I've tried to unclick the "Hidden" box in Field Maps but it doesn't seem to save. If I can see the field within each job, I could at least modify it each time I made edits.