Resume Parser error

Have a question about Bullhorn's HTTP based APIs? You've found the right place.

API Update [posted on December 13, 2012]:

This version of the Bullhorn APIs should no longer be used.

All new work should be done using Bullhorn's REST or Web Services APIs. For more information please visit: http://developer.bullhorn.com/documentation

Bullhorn REST API provides a simpler and faster way for developers to build applications that interact with the Bullhorn platform and is used by Bullhorn Inc. to develop features of the Bullhorn ATS/CRM application.

Of the BullhornSTAFFING HTTP API interfaces listed below, our analysis shows that the following are most commonly used by developers:

Resume Parsing API
Published Job Data (XML)
The interface to these will continue to work as is because Bullhorn will replace the back end to use REST API. The URLs for these 2 specific APIs may change in the 2nd half of 2013; developers may require to update their applications to use the new URLs.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons

haleymarketing
User

Resume Parser error

Post by haleymarketing » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:45 am

Please take a look at http://www.bullhornstaffing.com/Bullhor ... meTest.cfm using the PLID: 943. I cannot get the resume parser to return Job Seeker XML for this client. It is working fine for two others that I tried (PLIDs: 465 and 1422).

The error I receive is:

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If I refresh I get:

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Thank you,

Victoria
Haley Marketing specializes in creating affordable relationship marketing, e-mail and direct mail campaigns, and providing creative services that make it easy for staffing companies to stand out, stay top-of-mind, and sell more.

haleymarketing
User

Post by haleymarketing » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:51 pm

My results above were from running the API in IE7. I can run teh API in FF and I do get the XML but I also get this messgae:

"This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."
Haley Marketing specializes in creating affordable relationship marketing, e-mail and direct mail campaigns, and providing creative services that make it easy for staffing companies to stand out, stay top-of-mind, and sell more.

cseibert
Bullhorn Employee

Post by cseibert » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:25 pm

If you view the source of the error page, you will see that the exception is "Element RESUMEXML is undefined in CANDIDATEINFO".

This would seem to be a bug on our side, possibly related to a particular version of the resume parser. This PLID has their resume parser version set to 4.

The other two PLs you send each have their resume parser set to the default (blank version). I suspect that is the issue.

I cannot change that value. Please contact support@bullhorn.com. If that does turn out to fix the issue, we should fix the API to work with the new parser.

haleymarketing
User

Post by haleymarketing » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:35 pm

Thanks Chase. I'l let you know if that works.

Victoria