Adding a candidate

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

paulkeeley
User

Adding a candidate

Post by paulkeeley » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:52 am

I receive the error at the foot of this message when trying to add a candidate. I am using the "PUT" method of the Google Chrome Simple REST Client.

I am using the entity/Candidate REST api method.

Here is the JSON that I am posting (I have replaced some of the sensitive data with *'s):
{"category":{"id":45},"comments":"Created by data checker","dateAdded":1360828800000,"employeeType":"Created by data checker","isDeleted":false,"isEditable":true,"name":"David ***********","owner":{"id":5872946},"password":"David*******","preferredContact":"Email","status":"Active","username":"David*****","_score":0,"id":0,"dateOfBirth":-62135568000000,"email":"davejcramp@*******.co.uk","firstName":"David","lastName":"****","middleName":"J","mobile":"07*** ******","phone":"","address":{"address1":"17 ************ Road","address2":null,"city":"Norton","state":null,"zip":"** 1JL","countryID":2378},"source":"CV-Library Watchdogs","Score":0}

I look forward to your reply.

{
"errorMessage" : "error persisting an entity of type: Candidate",
"errors" : [ {
"detailMessage" : "",
"propertyName" : "",
"severity" : "ERROR",
"type" : "UNKNOWN_INTERNAL_ERROR"
} ],
"entityName" : "Candidate"
}

eresorecruiter1
User

Re: Isuues adding a candidate

Post by eresorecruiter1 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:45 am

I am having the same or similar issue... I cannot edit or add a candidate. Error message:

We're sorry, but there was an problem with your request. Please try again. If the problem continues, you can check http://status.bullhorn.com for up to the minute system status, including notices from our support and operations team.

If you require assistance with this issue, please contact Bullhorn Support using The Bullhorn Resource Center available under the Support menu.

HELP!!!

I can log in and attach notes, edit jobs, add attachments, etc. But no adding or editing candidates.

c.choy
User

Re: Adding a candidate

Post by c.choy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:45 am

In the json that you provided, you're setting the ID and dateadded field. If you're generating a new record, you shouldn't be specifying them.

The result will have the newly generated id for you and the system will set the date Added.

I was able to sucessfully add the record by taking those values out of the json package.

Hope that helps!