Get all JobOrders?

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

davidpaulalbert
User

Get all JobOrders?

Post by davidpaulalbert » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:30 pm

I'm working on the Bullhorn REST API on behalf of my client. They have an external system where I'd like to use the API to pull all active job orders. Is it possible to pull all active jobs from their Bullhorn account? The query I'm using is (in a REST client for the time being) is:

https://rest1.bullhornstaffing.com/rest ... RestToken=[my token here]

From what I can tell from the API reference, this should be the proper structure to pull this, but I continually get:

"errorMessage" : "unknown or badly structured command: /query/jobOrder."

I can authenticate, get an an access token, etc. and get to the point where I can make REST calls, but his one seems to continually fail--I've tried variations with no luck.

Please help.

c.choy
User

Re: Get all JobOrders?

Post by c.choy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:47 am

I believe I spoke with you on the ticket that was submitted. As a follow up:

JobOrder should be passed with a capitol J
Also, please verify that you're running the request with a GET

netizn
User

Post by netizn » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:31 pm

I see that querying the JobOrders has a maximum limit of 30 records. How can I query the total number of records, so I know how many times to loop the query to collect all the available records?

heinencreative
User

Post by heinencreative » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:17 am

I am also interested in retrieving all JobOrders, is there a way to increase the limit per request or loop through all DTOs? Was this issue ever resolved?

I am working on a WordPress plugin that pulls in all jobs and maps them to a post type. The findMultiple() function I am using limits you to only 20 DTOs. I need to get all job orders.

jeffsacco
User

Post by jeffsacco » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:18 pm

There appears to be a limit when querying the job orders end point. It has a maximum of 5000 responses it can send back

You can get around this by using the query where clause and grab the first 5000, then send the command again to get the next 5000 from 5001 to 10,000 and so on.

Hope that helps.