How retrieve candidate email activity?

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

kesavkolla
User

How retrieve candidate email activity?

Post by kesavkolla » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:35 pm

I'm using REST API to connect to BH. Is there any way to get the Candidate's email activity using REST API?

Thanks in advance
-kesav

s.emmons
User

Re: How retrieve candidate email activity?

Post by s.emmons » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:47 pm

Hi Kesav,

Email messages tracked to the candidate's Activity tab are not accessible in our APIs.
Sam Emmons
Enterprise Team Lead
BULLHORN
US Support 617-478-9126

kesavkolla
User

Post by kesavkolla » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:20 pm

For one of our workflow we need to track the last email activity for a given candidate. Is there any way I can get this information?

Thanks
-kesav

s.emmons
User

Post by s.emmons » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:07 pm

Hi Kesav,

If you or your client are using a workflow that adds notes for outbound email activity, then you could query on notes added of a certain type for a given candidate and display the latest date as the last email activity. This wouldn't account for inbound emails, however, and it is not typical for clients to track these as notes.

The dateLastComment field on candidate would not likely be accurate since that is looking at any note added to the record, not specifically just email activity.
Sam Emmons
Enterprise Team Lead
BULLHORN
US Support 617-478-9126

kesavkolla
User

Post by kesavkolla » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:52 pm

We have a broken workflow around adding notes. Sometimes people add as a note and sometimes not. That is the reason we want to track this information from the Email activity.

Regards,
-Kesav

bhesstechrg
User

Post by bhesstechrg » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:03 pm

Can an email be added/retrieved to/from a Candidate under the Activity > Email tab ?
An earlier reply said that the API does not support this but that was back in 2012
Is this supported now via the REST API?

If not - it really should be. The BH email integration does not work well and we do not want all incoming emails to go through BH servers in order to get added to the candidate or contact records. This is a big security concern.

Thanks in advance

lokuber
User

Post by lokuber » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:58 am

For security reasons, I believe you cannot retrieve emails through API calls

lokuber
User

Post by lokuber » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:02 am

bhesstechrg wrote: If not - it really should be. The BH email integration does not work well and we do not want all incoming emails to go through BH servers in order to get added to the candidate or contact records. This is a big security concern.
BullHorn servers are probably more secure than yours, they use TLS protocol and follow many strict rules. A big security concern would be to be able to gather your emails from the API because your website is a way easier target for hackers who could probably just use CSRF

jimh88
User

Post by jimh88 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:14 pm

It is possible to get a list of all the emails for a user? Even if not the full email body, it'd be useful to get a listing of the email subject/sender/recipients.

I'm noticing in the Activity report that I have emails captured, but the activity center is not useful for showing me what they are. It only seems to show me the top email from the same sender, but I need to delete that email before it will show me the next one.