How to add more params to Custom Tab / Custom action url - 02255657

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's new REST API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

sdjukic
User

How to add more params to Custom Tab / Custom action url - 02255657

Postby sdjukic » Tue May 24, 2016 4:18 pm

I am trying to pass candidate related parameters with creating custom action and using custom url.

Is there any way to add more parameters to the default predefined set of dynamical attributes which is listed on the documentation page (please see the link below) ?

http://developer.bullhorn.com/doc/versi ... onents.htm#Creating_a_Custom_Tab_or_Menu_Action%3FTocPath%3DUser%20Interface%20Customization%7CCustom%20Components%2C%20Tabs%2C%20and%20Menu%20Actions%7C_____4

dratcliff
User

Re: How to add more params to Custom Tab / Custom action url - 02255657

Postby dratcliff » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:11 pm

Hello sdjukic,

The attributes presented in the documentation are the only parameters that are able to be used and it is not possible to add additional parameters since the ones shown are the only ones the system is able to track for these entities.

Thank you,
Doug

sdjukic
User

Re: How to add more params to Custom Tab / Custom action url - 02255657

Postby sdjukic » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:15 am

Thanks for the answer Doug. I had that conclusion myself in mean time. I ended up using IDs from custom menu action url parameters, and then further making requests to REST api in order to retrieve what I was missing. Since this was only few simple fields (first and last name or email) for the ID already present by default, it would be great if this would be possible just with appending to the custom url, in order to avoid whole rest api integration part.

Return to “REST API”