Uploading candidates via api

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's new REST API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

candell
User

Uploading candidates via api

Post by candell » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:42 am

Hi

We have been using the resume parsing facility up until now, however we need to be able to upload more information than the parsing facility allows.

Can I ask a few questions on how others are using it please?

How do we make sure candidates are not duplicated, someone goes to the application page, enters their details and applies, we add them to bullhorn as a web response but what’s the best way to check that they are already in the system? If they are, do we check for differences etc? Will the system allow the same candidate to be entered multiple times with the same info?

I can’t find a field in the docs where we would store the resume as an upload. We can store their data i.e. Name, phone etc but not a file from what I can see.

Thanks

dfilla
User

Re: Uploading candidates via api

Post by dfilla » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:00 am

Hi candell,

This is David with Bullhorn Support. I'd be glad to help answer these questions for you.

In regards to duplicate checking, there is no built in duplicate checking via the API. This would be something you would need to build into your application. Bullhorn's built in duplicate checking uses first name, last name, and email address to perform this, so that would be a good place to start in regards to creating a duplicate checking call.

In regards to the file attachment question, the best reference for this would be this article on our developer.bullhorn.com documentation.

http://developer.bullhorn.com/articles/ ... fromresume

This will walk through creating a candidate from a resume and adding them to the system. The last section on this article will show how to attach the file to the record.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,