Resume Processor fails 2/3 times

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

jeremyescott
User

Resume Processor fails 2/3 times

Post by jeremyescott » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:58 pm

Its nothing new that Bullhorn's resume processor is completely unreliable. For years it has been. Literally. Years.

viewtopic.php?t=15011

I wrote a script to submit the same resume to Bullhorn 25 times in a row, each time waiting for a process to complete before trying the next. Here is my most recent run, which is common over the many runs I've done the last few months.

8 Successes, averaging 1.5 seconds each.
16 Failures due to Error 1, Rex not initialized, averaging 1.2 seconds to return a failure.
1 Failure due to Error 7, HTML conversion error (I'm sending a PDF), requiring 48 seconds to return a failure.

EDIT: Bullhorn updated their resume processor in early-to-mid 2017 and it works so much better now! Thanks guys.
Last edited by jeremyescott on Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremy Scott
Owner & Developer
Matador Jobs

Matador Jobs is a Bullhorn Marketplace Partner solution for showing your Bullhorn jobs and accepting application on WordPress powered website. From Bullhorn, to WordPress, and Back! http://matadorjobs.com/

jeremyescott
User

Re: Resume Processor fails 2/3 times

Post by jeremyescott » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:08 pm

Also, where on earth could I find a list of the errors Rex spits out?

I know error 1 and 7, but what is 2 - 6? Are there any more?
Jeremy Scott
Owner & Developer
Matador Jobs

Matador Jobs is a Bullhorn Marketplace Partner solution for showing your Bullhorn jobs and accepting application on WordPress powered website. From Bullhorn, to WordPress, and Back! http://matadorjobs.com/

lokuber
User

Re: Resume Processor fails 2/3 times

Post by lokuber » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:13 am

I myself have to deal with the same problem (I developped a full API for the company I'm working with for my first ever internship). I just stopped carrying about performance issues on resume parsing because BullHorn doesn't provide any reliable solution to us.

I just loop till I get a valid response or till my loop breaks itself (10 iterations which is huge but errors happen way too often).
Just check that your payload is well crafted (with a boundary specified and "Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary" defined )
There's not much we can do about it unfortunatly . BullHorn should make their own resume processor and stop paying this awful third-party software (which could reduce errors and response time for everyone).

BullHorn, you know what to do :wink: