"No content to map to Object due to end of input"

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

bahi
User

"No content to map to Object due to end of input"

Post by bahi » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:51 am

The two-year-old code that updates candidates' sectors of interest, salary fields, etc. stopped working this morning. No changes to the code in a long while. It’s now generating ErrorCode 400. I don’t know of any changes made by the client to the Bullhorn setup so I’m guessing that this was related to last night’s feature release. I get the Bullhorn email updates and have looked at the link (http://www.bullhorn.com/product-release-portal/) but can’t see anything specific to this.

We’re sending this:

Code: Select all

{"customTextBlock5":"Business development, Consulting, Data analysis, Design, Engineering, Investment banking, Programming \/ Web development, Start-ups, Technology","salary":"25000.00"}
We get this:

{
"errorCode" : 400,
"errorMessage" : "No content to map to Object due to end of input"
}
Another example:

{"customTextBlock5":"I'm flexible"}
Same response:

{
"errorCode" : 400,
"errorMessage" : "No content to map to Object due to end of input"
}
Any ideas? Old code, no changes; we send 10-20 of these a day, I’d guess. (Waiting for the client to confirm no changes to the Bullhorn setup but I’d be very surprised if there were.)

Other info:
Cluster: CLS22
New sign-ups: going through just fine, even though they also write to the same field (CustomTextBlock5).
CV updates: also going through fine, including attachments and parsed CVs.

Related question:
We’ve been caught by a few of these changes recently. One was the switch from lower-case html markup in parsed PDFs (but not Word docs) to upper case (we were removing some unwanted code on completion), another was a change to the API response to the Lucene search function call. Is there a list that I could subscribe to that would provide some heads-up of API changes specifically?

Thanks in advance!

bahi
User

Re: "No content to map to Object due to end of input"

Post by bahi » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:57 am

One additional bit of info: last successful submission was at 23:40 GMT/UTC yesterday, 21 March.

bahi
User

Post by bahi » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:21 pm

One more update: I’d assumed the parsed CVs were getting through but when I log in to Bh to look at new candidate records, I can see that they’re not. The attachments are being sent and attached but the parsed HTML CV is not being added to new candidate records. I’ll get the client to open a support ticket ASAP. All was working fine up to the evening of 21 March. Is it possible that this is only affecting CLS 22?

lolmountain
User

Post by lolmountain » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:52 am

Hello,
You are not alone i have the same issue since Wed March 22.

bahi
User

Post by bahi » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:12 pm

lolmountain wrote:Hello,
You are not alone i have the same issue since Wed March 22.
@lolmountain: thanks for your reply. It’s a relief to know that someone else is seeing this and that the timing matches ours. Are you on CLS22, by any chance?