Application Url

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's new REST API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

FlashRecruitKevin
User

Application Url

Postby FlashRecruitKevin » Tue May 30, 2017 1:05 pm

I'm trying to find the link where the candidate will eventually apply. I don't see it available in the fields from the REST API.

Anyone know where I can get the application url?

DaveNorthCreek
User

Re: Application Url

Postby DaveNorthCreek » Wed May 31, 2017 7:01 pm

You have to set up a candidate record and then submit it yourself - make sure you're using the right tool for your use case. Go to the Developer Documentation first:
http://developer.bullhorn.com/documentation

Here's a publicly accessible example of one form I created for a client (it's live and in production, so don't hit submit):

http://register.brixprojects.com.au/reg/public/register/BriX

The data model is built using your favourite programming language and then submitted using the API.

FlashRecruitKevin
User

Postby FlashRecruitKevin » Wed May 31, 2017 7:48 pm

Hey Dave -- Thanks for responding. My use case is that I have a client that has many JobOrders that I'm pulling over. I'm not submitting candidates with this application, but would like to see where the final destination is so that I can forward them to that URL. Any experience with this sort of use case?

srg.bdavis
User

Postby srg.bdavis » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:46 pm

Kevin,

If I understand your use case correctly, you are looking for a field on the job orders you are pulling over that will contain a link for a candidate to apply to that particular position, correct?

As Dave mentioned, there is not a "built in" web application process in Bullhorn which is why you are unable to see any type of URL in the api fields on those orders. The url would depend on how your client is currently accepting applications. It could be the open source job board Bullhorn posted to GitHub, or it could be a custom solution similar to the URL Dave provided.

Your client could use a custom field on the job order to store that url, however that creates some additional complexity since you then have to have a process to fill the field in. If the root application url ever changed, you would have to go back in and update any existing posted orders.

What I would recommend is using some sort of standard application url based on the job id. For example, something like https://company.com/careers/apply/12345. The link would take candidates to a form where they can apply for job id 12345. That way all your application needs is the job id from each job and it can construct the url on the fly. If your client ever changes their root application url, all you need to do is make a quick update to your app (or better yet store the root as a configuration variable) and you are all set.

Brent

Return to “REST API”