How to get dashboard data from REST API?

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's new REST API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

mchatham
User

How to get dashboard data from REST API?

Postby mchatham » Tue May 16, 2017 11:24 pm

Hello!

I work for a PR company that uses Bullhorn to track reporters who publish pieces for our customers. We would like to use this information to create a dashboard for internal monitoring. For example, we would like to have a metric of published pieces each week, broken down by client if possible. Published pieces are tracked as notes on contact entities.

My planned approach at the moment is to have a program periodically (probably weekly) fetch the data from Bullhorn, process it as needed, and place the data into a database. The dashboard will then present this data.

My question is: How does one achieve this with the Bullhorn REST API? Would it be a matter of doing a GET /search with the appropriate query for the published-pieces note, and then counting them?

Thanks for any help you can provide! :)

Matthew

DaveNorthCreek
User

Re: How to get dashboard data from REST API?

Postby DaveNorthCreek » Mon May 22, 2017 2:08 pm

Do you need help writing this code? I have code that would get you most of the way there, and I'm available for project work.

If you are doing this yourself, I suggest using Postman to experiment with REST queries until you get the formula that works for your requirements, and then build the code to send and parse that query.

Let me know if you want to talk further about details.

Dave Block
North Creek Consulting, Inc.

Return to “REST API”