Get list of contacts

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's new REST API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

denniskoster
User

Get list of contacts

Postby denniskoster » Tue May 23, 2017 5:26 am

Hi,

For our client we're trying to import contacts from Bullhorn into our system. However, we're unsure on how to just get a list of contacts. We have a couple of questions:
- What is the relation between contacts / leads / candidates?
- Why do I not see any of this data in the bullhorn dashboard, unless I use the search field? See attached screenshot, menu is empty.
- How would I go about just getting a list of all of these entities? There does not appear to be a "/entity/allCandidates" endpoint or something similar.

Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 11.44.33.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 11.44.33.png (21.73 KiB) Viewed 755 times

We're really struggling as the documentation is extensive but unclear.

Thanks!

Dennis

srg.bdavis
User

Re: Get list of contacts

Postby srg.bdavis » Tue May 23, 2017 7:31 pm

Dennis,

It looks like there may be a licensing or some other issue with the login you are using in that screenshot. When you click the Menu, you should normally see icons for Contacts, Candidates, Jobs, Companies, Leads, etc. That is where you would normally go to just get a list of contacts.

For your REST endpoints, the /query or /search GET methods will return lists of your entities. So for candidates, the search endpoint would look something like this -> /search/candidate?query=isDeleted:false&fields=*

Keep in mind that the maximum number of records returned is 500, so if you have more than 500 you will need to make multiple calls.

If you are just trying to get records out of Bullhorn and into another system, you could also export them to a .csv assuming the login you are using has the proper permissions and the correct icons are showing in the menu.

Brent

Return to “REST API”