Maintain Different states in Bullhorn Rest API

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's new REST API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

sarahjohns388
User

Maintain Different states in Bullhorn Rest API

Post by sarahjohns388 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:11 am

Hello Folk's

Currently i am using Bullhorn Rest API for my client. And i have two servers,

i) Development Server -> Here test users entries are created for testing and checking progress will be done via Bullhorn Rest API.

ii) Production Server -> In this server real site users will be created and working with the site via Bullhorn Rest API with cognos.
So i need to maintain the two different states (of data or entries for candidate,job) in Bullhorn. How can we achieve this ?

Can any help me out on this!

Thanks

ColinC
User

Re: Maintain Different states in Bullhorn Rest API

Post by ColinC » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:04 pm

Hi,

If you are using REST to pull data into your two mentioned databases each will need its own users. Depending to which API user that is being logged in as will determine which data base you are pulling data from.

So you will use your development server api user to pull development data across
Then use your production server api user to pull production data across

For applications that are created that I have seen have logins as part of them. If you want to do something similar you could have either something in place to monitor which user is being used then send the data to the proper location. Or have the credentials of each hard coded into two nearly identical programs running. each pointed to a different db.

Also note, your development server is on sl9 then you will use different login urls based on sl9 as your production environment.

Hope that helps
Colin Coffman
Enterprise Support Analyst
B U L L H O R N
Staffing and Recruiting Software, On Target, On Demand
617-478-9126 (US Support)
+44 800 032 2848 ext. 9131 (UK Support)