Candidate CSV via SFTP - Possible?

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's new REST API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

willsawney
User

Candidate CSV via SFTP - Possible?

Post by willsawney » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:37 am

Hi Team!

I'm a Bullhorn client (marketing team) in conversation with a potential new email marketing supplier. They've asked a question about the Bullhorn API, to determine whether they'll be able to integrate...

Would a developer be able to set up a daily CSV to be sent to an SFTP - including candidate and note records?

Feasible? Anything someone can point me to that I can pass on?

Appreciated!

Will
Pentasia

ColinC
User

Re: Candidate CSV via SFTP - Possible?

Post by ColinC » Tue May 01, 2018 4:37 pm

Hi Will,

This concept is feasible but there would be little that support could do to assist.

What this sounds like is that you will have your SFTP server, on top of that a site that interacts with the data there however that needs to be done. Uploading, retrieving, etc. From there code could be added to that to push data through REST to upload a CSV / make calls to the candidate and note entities.

Number of steps this doesn't seem too difficult, but difficulty isn't something that we can speak on as it would be custom code. The calls themselves support can assist with. If you do get to the point where you are making calls to Bullhorn from the SFTP server we can assist with those and feel free to contact support by phone or submitting a ticket and we can discuss directly with you about what we can do to assist.

Kind regards,
Colin
Colin Coffman
Enterprise Support Analyst
B U L L H O R N
Staffing and Recruiting Software, On Target, On Demand
617-478-9126 (US Support)
+44 800 032 2848 ext. 9131 (UK Support)

DaveNorthCreek
User

Re: Candidate CSV via SFTP - Possible?

Post by DaveNorthCreek » Wed May 23, 2018 3:32 pm

Hi Will,

It sounds possible, and very similar to what I'm doing for another client right now. Once I get him sorted, I'd love to replicate that service and help you out.

Reply here or drop me a line (dave at northcreek.ca) and we can set something up.

Good luck!
Dave
North Creek Consulting, Inc.
Onoway, Alberta, Canada