Maximum possible number of requests per second.

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's new REST API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

databoxer
User

Maximum possible number of requests per second.

Post by databoxer » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:51 am

Hi, I have 30000 intities and I need use REST API method like " POST:https://rest.bullhornstaffing.com/rest- ... te/5059165"
for update customTextField - each unique entity to set a unique value to this field. I can not use "Mass update". I plan to send requests to the API in a cycle. What is the maximum number of requests I can pass per second? I do not want to hurt API or get banned.

ColinC
User

Re: Maximum possible number of requests per second.

Post by ColinC » Tue May 01, 2018 4:30 pm

Hi Databoxer,

We don't have a specific number of max requests per second. That said, if you have a check that waits for one to process before sending the next you should be good to not overload anything. You should steer clear of a straight for loop that just spams the request without the confirmation between as that can cause issues and I have seen users disabled.

Keep in mind if your company utilizes subscriptions or datamart it could cause delays in the processing of further events as the queue will be backed up by this. How backed up depends on the speed the process consuming those events. For example datamart might be behind for a few hours while data mirror maybe a few minutes. Other 3rd party things will vary.

Alternatively if you are concerned you can contact support and we can put in a request to make this update on your behalf.

Thank you,
Colin
Colin Coffman
Enterprise Support Analyst
B U L L H O R N
Staffing and Recruiting Software, On Target, On Demand
617-478-9126 (US Support)
+44 800 032 2848 ext. 9131 (UK Support)

databoxer
User

Re: Maximum possible number of requests per second.

Post by databoxer » Mon May 07, 2018 6:31 am

Many thanks for the clarification. They helped us a lot.