Rate limiting for API integrators

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's new REST API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

woutdegeyter
User

Post by woutdegeyter » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:14 am

Hi,

I've seen in another post that your API usage limits are documented here: http://bullhorn.force.com/pkb/articles/ ... patibility.

I had a look at this document, but I would still have some questions.
We are looking to offer an API-only integration with Bullhorn (through OAuth), so the situation might be a bit different here. These are the questions I have:

1) I see that there are limitations on the concurrent API sessions and maximum number of API subscriptions. I assume these only on the level of the user's account and do not apply to the OAuth application itself?
We just want to prevent the situation whereby the integration becomes popular, but we can suddenly no longer onboard new users as otherwise we would hit for instance the concurrent sessions limit.

2) One of our developers tried to trigger an API limit error on our sandbox account, so to see which errors the API will return (and if we would handle them correctly out of the box). However he was not able to trigger such an error.
Could you tell me which limitations apply to a developer sandbox account? Or are these in fact unlimited?
In case of the latter, could you send us an example of the API response in case we've hit an API rate limit error?

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards,
Wout

pmularski
Bullhorn Support Staff

Re: Rate limiting for API integrators

Post by pmularski » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:48 am

Greetings Woutdegeyter,

I apologize for the delay in our response.

Bullhorn is currently in the midst of modifying our rate limiter configuration. The documentation you posted is still the accurate document of record. With that said, let me check in with the team to ensure that my answer is in line with our new intended configuration.

In terms of your second request, the current limit is higher than most stress testing will hit. That is probably why your developer was unable to trigger the error threshold.

-Pat
Patrick Mularski
Senior Enterprise Support Analyst
B U L L H O R N
Staffing and Recruiting Software, On Target, On Demand
Bullhorn Support Contact Numbers
US: 617-478-9126
UK: 44 800 032 2848
Australia: 61 28 073 5089
International: 617-478-9131

supriyala
User

Re: Rate limiting for API integrators

Post by supriyala » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:13 am

Excellent topic. I got helpful information here. Thank you.

SharonBen
User

Post by SharonBen » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:51 am

Calling all API gurus

Ive just posted an API-related post in the Test Conductor sub-forum.
Its entitled, "First Foray into the API".

Id appreciate any advice from experienced API users.

Thanks.

___
XEvil 4.0: best CAPTCHA's solver, included ReCaptcha-2 and ReCaptcha-3!
(FREE DEMO available!)