This is Dave with Bullhorn's API Support Team, and I will be assisting you with your inquiries. The following article will provide thorough insight into what you require in creating calls to pull data and manage fields, but I would also like to address your specific inquiries, as well.
General API Reference Guide: http://bullhorn.github.io/rest-api-docs/index.html
API Entity Reference Guide: http://bullhorn.github.io/rest-api-docs/entityref.html
1) I can't set up and retrieve 'Shifts' field in Vacancies section. No matter what will be typed in Admin -> Field Mapping -> Vacancies, when creating new Vacancy, picker can't select any option - and is empty. After adding Shifts to our Vacancy form, old records are unable to Edit (page loads forever).
- I recommend reviewing Field Mapping setup. The vacancies may use the different tracks (II, III, IV, V). This is determined by the Employment Type. If tracks II, III, IV, or even V match what is listed in the primary track, you will need to review the Shift field set for those tracks. If the issue persists, this may be a matter beyond an API inquiry, and your client's Bullhorn Contact will need to reach out to support and submit a ticket.
2) Industries is the same story as Shifts.
- Industries are managed differently that Shifts. The compiled list is not linked to Field Mappings, so whatever is added into that field will not be reflected in the drop-down. Your client will need to submit a ticket to have this updated, as Bullhorn Support only has access to that list. Industries will pull through API using the business sector IDs.
3) Categories and Skills present on BH form when creating/editing but is empty on API Request. They are saved, but are NULL on
- Like Industries, categories and skills are managed by IDs. Bullhorn admin users do have access to these within their UI or you can look up various categories and skills utilizing API calls. We may need to review the full call you employ to pull this data.
4) Are we able to move candidate from shortlist to 'CV sent' with API?
- It is feasible to move a candidate from Shortlist (Submission) to CV Sent (Sendout) utilizing a POST call comparable to the following:
Code: Select all
Request URL: https://restXX.bullhornstaffing.com/rest-services/[CORP TOKEN]/services/JobSubmission/advance/[SUBMISSION ID]
Ultimately, the links above will be your best resources for managing the various entities, but any issues beyond that should be addressed by your client and Bullhorn Support.
Please let us know if you do have any additional questions about using Bullhorn's API.