Configuration issues

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

Maciej
User

Configuration issues

Post by Maciej » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:24 am

Hello,

I'm trying to integrate BullHorn API into software that I work on,and I have several questions regarding configuration.
  1. I can't set up and retrieve 'Shifts' field in Vacancies section. No matter what will be typed in Admin -> Field Mapping -> Vacancies, when creating new Vacancy, picker can't select any option - and is epmty. Image . After adding Shifts to our Vacancy form, old records are unable to Edit (page loads forever).
  2. Industries is the same story as Shifts.
  3. Categories and Skills present on BH form when creating/editing but is empty on API Request. Image
    They are saved, but are NULL on

Code: Select all

search/JobOrder
  4. Are we able to move candidate from shortlist to 'CV sent' with API?

Thnaks!

dportnoyBH
User

Re: Configuration issues

Post by dportnoyBH » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:35 pm

Hi Maciej,

This is Dave with Bullhorn's API Support Team, and I will be assisting you with your inquiries. The following article will provide thorough insight into what you require in creating calls to pull data and manage fields, but I would also like to address your specific inquiries, as well.

General API Reference Guide: http://bullhorn.github.io/rest-api-docs/index.html
API Entity Reference Guide: http://bullhorn.github.io/rest-api-docs/entityref.html

1) I can't set up and retrieve 'Shifts' field in Vacancies section. No matter what will be typed in Admin -> Field Mapping -> Vacancies, when creating new Vacancy, picker can't select any option - and is empty. After adding Shifts to our Vacancy form, old records are unable to Edit (page loads forever).

- I recommend reviewing Field Mapping setup. The vacancies may use the different tracks (II, III, IV, V). This is determined by the Employment Type. If tracks II, III, IV, or even V match what is listed in the primary track, you will need to review the Shift field set for those tracks. If the issue persists, this may be a matter beyond an API inquiry, and your client's Bullhorn Contact will need to reach out to support and submit a ticket.

2) Industries is the same story as Shifts.

- Industries are managed differently that Shifts. The compiled list is not linked to Field Mappings, so whatever is added into that field will not be reflected in the drop-down. Your client will need to submit a ticket to have this updated, as Bullhorn Support only has access to that list. Industries will pull through API using the business sector IDs.

3) Categories and Skills present on BH form when creating/editing but is empty on API Request. They are saved, but are NULL on

search/JobOrder
- Like Industries, categories and skills are managed by IDs. Bullhorn admin users do have access to these within their UI or you can look up various categories and skills utilizing API calls. We may need to review the full call you employ to pull this data.

4) Are we able to move candidate from shortlist to 'CV sent' with API?

- It is feasible to move a candidate from Shortlist (Submission) to CV Sent (Sendout) utilizing a POST call comparable to the following:

Request URL: https://restXX.bullhornstaffing.com/rest-services/[CORP TOKEN]/services/JobSubmission/advance/[SUBMISSION ID]
Ultimately, the links above will be your best resources for managing the various entities, but any issues beyond that should be addressed by your client and Bullhorn Support.

Please let us know if you do have any additional questions about using Bullhorn's API.

Best Regards,
Dave
Best Regards,
Dave Portnoy
Enterprise Support Analyst
Bullhorn Support Contact Numbers
US: 617-478-9126
UK: 44 800 032 2848
Australia: 61 28 073 5089
International: 617-478-9131

Maciej
User

Re: Configuration issues

Post by Maciej » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:47 am

Hello Dave.

Ad.1.
If tracks II, III, IV, or even V match what is listed in the primary track, you will need to review the Shift field set for those tracks.
Yeah it persists as on field mapping there are no values that we can put in. Even if we do it's not showing up (picker is always empty). We already contacted our BH Contact and he told us to write on this forum.

Ad 3.
Exact API call is:

search/JobOrder?query=isDeleted:0&fields=*&meta=basic
What is returned is an array with count of selected fields, but no fields or their id's.
As you can see, there is "total" = 2 , but "data" = empty array.