Bullhorn Screen Pop Integration

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

spencscott
User

Bullhorn Screen Pop Integration

Post by spencscott » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:06 pm

Hello Bullhorn Family,

I am trying to offer a client of mine Screen pops in Bullhorn when a phone call comes in, seems simple right?

Is there any way I can push a URL to the browser to open a specific or list of records based on the phone number?

After reading the API docs I feel like I am getting super close. Here is what I have so far....

For Example: I clicked on a client that I would want to screen pop and on the top right corner there is an option to "get shareable link".
Here is an example link https://cls91.bullhornstaffing.com/Bull ... t&id=16069

When I click the link I am sent to a redirect page that eventually opens the correct record.

After reading the API docs I figured I could simply edit the URL so instead of searching for ClientContact by the id number, I would change the last part of the url to look like this https://cls91.bullhornstaffing.com/Bull ... 5555555555

The problem is Bullhorn will get stuck in a forever loading screen. I tried a bunch of other variations but no luck.

Any advice?

DanJSupport
User

Re: Bullhorn Screen Pop Integration

Post by DanJSupport » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:59 pm

Hi spencscott,

The Open Window links are really only designed to open a record by ID. What you would need to do is have a GET/Search for the phone number to retrieve the ID and then use the result to generate an Open Window link. For example:

Code: Select all

GET /search/ClientContact?query=mobile:1234567890&&fields=idBhRestToken=
The challenge here is that you will need to query each entity separately and for each of the different phone fields that are in use and you may have multiple records returned with the same phone number.
Dan Johnson
Tier 2 / Enterprise Support
Bullhorn Support US: 617-478-9126
Bullhorn Support UK: 44 800 032 2848
Bullhorn Support Australia: 61 28 073 5089
Bullhorn Support International: 617-478-9131