Problems with Merging Candidates

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's new REST API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

hnmsystems
User

Problems with Merging Candidates

Post by hnmsystems » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:50 pm

Hello,

I imported a .csv file and parsed the file according to the fields that I have specified. I have successfully imported many of the new candidates, but old candidate information will not merge with the new information that is grouped on the .csv file. I am now working on a new list of over 3,000 candidates and want to merge the candidate info with existing candidate info that is already in BH. The one thing I am noticing that is not merging is email addresses. I want to merge the email addresses automatically, instead of having to manually inputting them in to existing candidates information.

Thanks,

Rob

pmularski
Bullhorn Support Staff

Re: Problems with Merging Candidates

Post by pmularski » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:27 am

Greetings hnmsystems,

An API call will override the existing data if you provide a target id. If you do not, the system will create a new record by default. If you are mass importing data, the system follows these steps to check for duplication.

Depending on the type of record you are adding, Bullhorn compares the following information against existing data.

Leads, Candidates, and Contacts
Last name

First two letters of the first name

Primary email address (Email 1)

If either, both the last name and the first two letters of the first name or the just primary email address match any existing leads, candidates, or contacts, a duplicate warning message appears with a list of those people.

-Pat
Patrick Mularski
Senior Enterprise Support Analyst
B U L L H O R N
Staffing and Recruiting Software, On Target, On Demand
Bullhorn Support Contact Numbers
US: 617-478-9126
UK: 44 800 032 2848
Australia: 61 28 073 5089
International: 617-478-9131

hnmsystems
User

Re: Problems with Merging Candidates

Post by hnmsystems » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:09 pm

Pat,

How would you go about doing that? I am currently having to manually input email addresses for every single "duplicate" candidate that appeared in my custom import (2500). This is because many of the candidates are already in the system, but their email address is not. Please let me know how to merge these records without having to do it manually.

-Hnm