Get All Notes via Rest API

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

vipultandon
User

Get All Notes via Rest API

Post by vipultandon » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:44 am

Hello Bullhorn Support,

Have few queries related to fetch all notes for entities,

1. Please let me know how I should fetch all notes of Candidate entity? Which Rest URL I should use?

2. Same is for how to get notes data of each Bullhorn Entity like ClientContact, ClientCorporation, JobOrder, Appointment, and Placement?

mfinleybh
User

Re: Get All Notes via Rest API

Post by mfinleybh » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:14 am

Hi vipultandon,

Thank you for reaching out to the Bullhorn API Support forums.

In order to query all of your notes in your database, you can use the GET /allCorpNotes call.

Once you use this call to receive the Note ID's you can make a secondary call to see all of the attributed fields against that respective note. This will contain what entity the specific note is living on. Please review the following links for more information on this;

http://bullhorn.github.io/rest-api-docs ... lcorpnotes

http://bullhorn.github.io/rest-api-docs ... .html#note

Best,

Mathew Finley
Enterprise Support Analyst
Bullhorn Support US: 617-478-9126
Bullhorn Support UK: 44 800 032 2848
Bullhorn Support Australia: 61 28 073 5089
Bullhorn Support International: 617-478-9131

sensedamianball
User

Post by sensedamianball » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:34 pm

Hello,

I am also having issues querying all candidate notes. The API documentation posted in the reply seems to not return any results for all of my ClientCorps. Ideally I could query all Candidate notes via some simple API, continually querying until I had exhausted all notes. Is that possible? If not, it would be great if I could query all of a specific candidate's notes.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,
Damian

mfinleybh
User

Post by mfinleybh » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:29 pm

Greetings Damian,

Please try the following call convention with your specific rest url & candidate ID entered:

{Rest url}/search/Candidate?query=id:{6}&fields=notes(id,comments,isDeleted)&count=30

*remove the { } 's and fill in your needed criteria here.

Best,

Mathew Finley | Analyst, Enterprise Support | Boston

sensedamianball
User

Post by sensedamianball » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:41 am

Hello Mathew,

Thank you for your quick reply. When I execute that query for a user, I only receive 5 notes for that user.

For example: {rest url}/search/Candidate?query=id:73&start=0&sort=id&count=100&fields=notes(id,comments,isDeleted)&showTotalMatched=True

Returns this:

[{'notes': {'total': 624, 'data': [{'id': 4382, 'comments': 'test ignore<br />', 'isDeleted': False}, {'id': 4380, 'comments': 'Start<br />From Aug 26, 2019, 8:20:06 AM (times are listed in PDT)<br />', 'isDeleted': False}, {'id': 4379, 'comments': 'You have been re-subscribed to texts from ', 'isDeleted': False}, {'id': 4378, 'comments': 'Aug 26, 2019, 7:47:31 AM', 'isDeleted': False}, {'id': 4377, 'comments': 'You have been un-subscribed. No more messages will be sent', 'isDeleted': False}]}, '_score': 1.0}]

How can I retrieve all 624 notes for this candidate?

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,
Damian

mfinleybh
User

Post by mfinleybh » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:39 am

Greetings Damian,

Please try removing the count parameter entirely, and if this does not work please try increasing it to a large amount.

Do let me know if this works out for you.

Best,

Mathew Finley | Analyst, Enterprise Support | Boston