Issue with updation of Meta options of CustomTextField

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

RSRTheDarkLord
User

Issue with updation of Meta options of CustomTextField

Post by RSRTheDarkLord » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:08 am

Hi,

I was integrating bullhorn ATS with our product for assessment. After reading manuals and playing around with Job, Candidates and Submissions in Sandbox environment, I can see there is a fully configurable schema at Tools > Field Mapping > Job (JobOrder Schema) which can be accessed by /meta/JobOrder.

I have created a field in this schema as Tools > Field Mapping > Job (JobOrder Schema) > CustomTextField13(DropDown) which for now let's say have a comma separated list of villains as "Lord Voldemort", "Darth Vader", "Ronin" and "Thanos".

I can see the current list of schema through "meta/JobOrder?fields=*"> SPECIFIC_FIELD_ENTRY > options.

When i create a job and use this field, i can select one out of these.

But let's say i have to introduce one more villain named "Dr. Octopus" which can be done through UI by going to "Tools > Field Mapping > Job (JobOrder Schema) > CustomTextField13(DropDown)" and adding one more entry. But for the same i cannot find any rest API endpoint. I have to update 1000+ Strings which are dynamic in nature so it has to be done through API.

For actual JobOrder entity i can update the value by calling entity/JobOrder/ POST request. But i couldn't find a way to update the schema itself.

Please guide for the same.

mhuggins
User

Re: Issue with updation of Meta options of CustomTextField

Post by mhuggins » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:05 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your post. The information provided is accurate and it is easier to update the field mappings from within the system rather than the API. Did you have a question on the back of this?

RSRTheDarkLord
User

Post by RSRTheDarkLord » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:57 am

My question is how to update the same through API ? I must update it through API.

mhuggins
User

Post by mhuggins » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:59 pm

Hi,

May I ask why this update must be performed via the API? The field mappings are intended to be used in the system and it is possible to view them using the API. It is not however possible to make amendments to the fields via the API.

RSRTheDarkLord
User

Post by RSRTheDarkLord » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:19 am

Our product has assessments which we want to map to jobs of BULLHORN.

While creating a job(In BULLHORN) we want to give a drop-down from where the employer can select an assessment. This list of assessment has to be repopulated whenever a new assessment gets created in Our product.

We want to update the list of assessments in BullHorn whenever employer changes the name of assessment or creates a new one.

For this we are not able to find any API end point.