Missing and reappearing records

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

kschutten
User

Missing and reappearing records

Post by kschutten » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:43 pm

Dear fellow developers,

I wonder if anyone else has also experienced (dis)appearing records in Bullhorn?
I'm a developer for a Dutch Recruitment agency. I have a logged ticket already since march of this year with Bullhorn.

The problem we are facing is some API calls are missing records! Some records do not (always) appear in the API calls, end even worse not always in the GUI! (as Bullhorn also uses API calls in the background)! We noticed it at first with the entity Note but now also with entity Candidate.

For an example I call for Notes of a certain period of time (which has past today (until noon utc-4 of course)):
{Base_URL}/search/Note?query=dateLastModified:[20190625 TO 201906251200]&fields=*&sort=dateAdded,NoteId&start=0&count=200&BhRestToken={rest_token}
I get a total of 1774 notes (and of course the results for the first 200)
Seconds later I make the same call; Total: 1778!
I call again total 1774.... :?:
And so it's switching back and forward endlessly.
When I dig deeper I can even find the specific note(s) and when I look for the candidate to whom the note belongs I can see it also happening in the GUI too, which scares me the most. So when I load the candidates notes: I don't see the note! Refresh, It appears, refresh... It's gone!.... And ..... There it is again! :roll:

Sometimes I have 4x the same result, but the 5th is off again. Sometimes it's every call and other times everything is just in sync.

Bullhorn told me they have functionality running to replicate tables to speed up, and that's why the 2 calls can have a different outcome. They can and do re-sync the tables from time to time (every day or so), that's why we experience it only with recently changed/created records.

Can you please let me know if you have experienced similar symptoms? Or even try to call recent notes (a couple of times) on an active system?
Your reply will be much appreciated!

ivandevpartner
User

Re: Missing and reappearing records

Post by ivandevpartner » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:38 am

We had and still have that same behaviour.... Never found the source of the issue.
As far as I know this issue was present at least as far back as autumn 2017.
Unfortunately no real fix or workaround found.

kschutten
User

Post by kschutten » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:01 am

Hi ivandevpartner

Thanks for replying and letting it know! And although I feel sorry for others with the same issue, it's somehow good to know we are not alone on this one! Our recruiters are complaining since long to be misinformed from time to time, but only in March we found out the exact problem.

Until now we only experience it only on API entities where we have to use /search construction and the Lucene syntax, but that might be a coincidence.

The Bullhorn developers are in the dark about this issue, and with priority "not so much", I guess.
Therefore it would be really helpful to find more cases of this phenomenon.... So, if you are reading this, please try the API call(s) and reply!

kkbarimah
User

Post by kkbarimah » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:08 am

Hi kschutten,

This is Kingsley from Bullhorn Support. Do you have the ticket number of the Support ticket you submitted about this issue?

Thanks,
Kingsley

kschutten
User

Post by kschutten » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:38 am

Hi Kingsley,

Thanks for joining this topic!
Ticket 03614473

kkbarimah
User

Post by kkbarimah » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:54 am

Hello kschutten,

I've examined this ticket and it looks like there's been a lot of troubleshooting and research on this by our engineering team. I am also seeing that there are multiple reports of this issue and you are not alone on this. There should be an update on this ticket soon.

kschutten
User

Post by kschutten » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:31 am

Hi Kingsley,

Thank you for the reassurance! I sure do hope so, as I read from ivandevpartner it's almost 2 years since it was first noticed.
When creating the ticket in March it appeared that the issue was completely new to Bullhorn, but apparently it was not. I appreciate the honousty in confirming this issue was reported multiple times already.

I'll keep an eye on the progress and report back here (when there's something to report..... )!