Dell Boomi Connector?

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's Webservices API suite

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

snakata
User

Dell Boomi Connector?

Post by snakata » Thu May 26, 2011 2:11 pm

Has anyone looked into using Dell Boomi to integrate to Bullhorn CRM? I'm exploring whether the existing Web Services SOAP Client Connector could be used or a custom connector would need to be developed. Thanks.

jdonnelly
User

Re: Dell Boomi Connector?

Post by jdonnelly » Fri May 27, 2011 4:23 pm

Hello Snakata,

I have not come across a client that is using Dell Boomi for integration, but it is possible that a client could be using that integration tool. I would assume that a custom connector would need to be developed, but I am not sure about the capabilities of their Web Services SOAP Client Connector. Do you have more information on this? Or, a link to more information on this connector? I think it might be possible that the connector you referenced could be configured to use any webservices methods, but I am not sure of their capability. It also might be helpful to ask someone on their side about the integration. Also, we do have some partners that provide similar functionality if you want to evaluate other options (http://marketplace.bullhorn.com/applications).

Let me know if you can provide more info on the connector and I will be glad to offer advice about it.

Thanks,
Jon Donnelly
Technical Support Engineer
Developer Forum Admin
B U L L H O R N
support@bullhorn.com

SandeepKommineni
User

Re: Dell Boomi Connector?

Post by SandeepKommineni » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:01 am

hi snakata,

Connectors get data into and send data out of processes. They enable communication with the applications or data sources between which data needs to move, or in other words, the "end points" of the process. Those applications and data sources can range from traditional on-premise applications like SAP and QuickBooks, to web-based applications like Salesforce.com and NetSuite, to data repositories like an FTP directory, a commercial database or even an email server.

Connectors differ from APIs (application programming interfaces) in that an API works like an electrical socket: until something is plugged into it, an API just sits there. Dell Boomi AtomSphere integration connectors work like plugs. The connectors plug into an API to abstract the technical details of the API as well as the transportation protocols used to communicate with various applications and data sources. This allows you to focus on the business data and logic of the integration.

A connector is a combination of two components: a connection and an operation. The connection is the where and the operation is the how. These components determine the type of data source, how to physically connect to it, and the type of data records to exchange.Every process begins with a Start shape, which gets data, and typically ends with one or more connectors that send data. Many processes need only two connectors: one to get data from the source and another to send it to the destination. However, you may need additional connectors depending on your integration requirements, such as sending data to multiple destinations or sending email notifications.

Connectors are also used in the middle of the process when the integration needs to connect to a data source, such as performing a look-up, a cross-reference, or arbitrary database statements in a Decision shape, Program Command shape, or map function.

Thanks & Regards,
Sandeep Kommineni