DB Query error on UpdateProfileAPI.cfm

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's Webservices API suite

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

nicu.danila
User

DB Query error on UpdateProfileAPI.cfm

Post by nicu.danila » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:33 am

Hello.
I've already posted this question here: http://supportforums.bullhorn.com/viewt ... =1&t=11341 (it just seems it was posted it in the wrong section)

I try to update the profile of a candidate by submitting an xml to UpdateProfileAPI.cfm. Most of the fields are actually received through a call to ParseResume.cfm. Other than those I set the <SOURCE> field, the <USERID> and occasionally the email, first name and last name (only if not already present).

Here's an xml for which I receive an error:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root>
    <BHCandidate>
        <FIRSTNAME>Firstname</FIRSTNAME><PHONE>1 555-555-2514</PHONE><ZIP>07352</ZIP><COUNTRYID>1</COUNTRYID><OCCUPATION>Expense Receipts Analyst</OCCUPATION><NUMCONFIDENCEFIELDS>11</NUMCONFIDENCEFIELDS><COMPANYNAME>Deloitte Support Services India Pvt</COMPANYNAME><BHPARSECONFIDENCEFACTOR>10</BHPARSECONFIDENCEFACTOR><MOBILE>1 201-878-8707</MOBILE><LASTNAME>Lastname</LASTNAME><ADDRESS1>580 Luis Munoz Marin Boulevard, Apartment 11M</ADDRESS1><ADDRESS>580 Luis Munoz Marin Boulevard, Apartment 11M</ADDRESS><BHPARSECONFIDENCEPERCENTAGE>0.909090909091</BHPARSECONFIDENCEPERCENTAGE><SKILLS>growth, ORGANIZATION, Commitment, environment, BILLING, Currency Transaction Report, FEDERAL PRACTICE, governmental billing, Support, Expense, BATCH, QUIZ, BEST PRACTICE, Account, Perform, high level QC, Cost, Financial Modeling, ANALYSIS, Lease, COMMERCIAL, LENDING, LOANS, Property, Commercial Mortgage, Appraisal, TRACK, METRICS, Distribution, QA, domain, TENANT, operating statement, VAX/VMS, Debt-Service Coverage Ratio, Operating Statement Analysis, Gross Income, TOTAL, OPERATING EXPENSES, AUDITS, VENDORS, LOG, PVT, CORPORATE TAXES, tax, general tax, 5500, SALES AND USE TAX, VEHICLE, PERSONAL PROPERTY, Revenue Agent's Report, QUALITY CONTROL, state tax, WINDOWS/NT, FX, Statutory Accounting Principles, PROFESSIONAL REVIEW ORGANIZATION, HEWLETT PACKARD, MS/OFFICE, General Obligation Bond, Tax Compliance, Tax Return, FIRM, SYSTEMS SOFTWARE, income tax returns, Income, Income tax, SOFTWARE TESTING, FICO, PG, SYMBIOSIS, Ordinary and Necessary Expenses, SYSTEM STATUS CONTROLLER, ACCOUNTING, tally, Focus, bank accounts, ASSESSMENTS, efficiency, Schedule, PERFORMANCE, AS, PRESSURE, CAN, BEHAVIOR, TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS</SKILLS><SKILLID>5047,5127,5228,30278,39233,5047,30278,39233,4919,6804,10595,30278,5047,16701,5228,5047,30278</SKILLID><CITY>Jersey City</CITY><AREACODE>201</AREACODE><WORKAUTHORIZED>1</WORKAUTHORIZED><FULLNAME>Firstname Lastname</FULLNAME><EMAIL>someone@localhost.com</EMAIL><SOURCE>News Article</SOURCE><USERID>64251</USERID>
    </BHCandidate>
</root>
And here's the error returned:

Code: Select all

ERROR: Caught an exception, type = Database

Error Executing Database Query.

[Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]String or binary data would be truncated.

The contents of the tag stack are:

1 CFQUERY (584,0) C:\jrun4\servers\Bullhorn_1\cfusion-ear\cfusion-war\BullhornSTAFFING\API\UpdateProfileAPI.cfm
2 CF_UPDATEPROFILEAPI (566,0) C:\jrun4\servers\Bullhorn_1\cfusion-ear\cfusion-war\BullhornSTAFFING\API\UpdateProfileAPI.cfm
3 CF_UPDATEPROFILEAPI (158,0) C:\jrun4\servers\Bullhorn_1\cfusion-ear\cfusion-war\BullhornSTAFFING\API\UpdateProfileAPI.cfm
4 CF_UPDATEPROFILEAPI (122,0) C:\jrun4\servers\Bullhorn_1\cfusion-ear\cfusion-war\BullhornSTAFFING\API\UpdateProfileAPI.cfm
5 CF_UPDATEPROFILEAPI (102,0) C:\jrun4\servers\Bullhorn_1\cfusion-ear\cfusion-war\BullhornSTAFFING\API\UpdateProfileAPI.cfm
6 CF_UPDATEPROFILEAPI (99,0) C:\jrun4\servers\Bullhorn_1\cfusion-ear\cfusion-war\BullhornSTAFFING\API\UpdateProfileAPI.cfm
7 CF_UPDATEPROFILEAPI (97,0) C:\jrun4\servers\Bullhorn_1\cfusion-ear\cfusion-war\BullhornSTAFFING\API\UpdateProfileAPI.cfm
8 CF_UPDATEPROFILEAPI (92,0) C:\jrun4\servers\Bullhorn_1\cfusion-ear\cfusion-war\BullhornSTAFFING\API\UpdateProfileAPI.cfm
9 CF_UPDATEPROFILEAPI (78,0) C:\jrun4\servers\Bullhorn_1\cfusion-ear\cfusion-war\BullhornSTAFFING\API\UpdateProfileAPI.cfm
10 CF_UPDATEPROFILEAPI (2,0) C:\jrun4\servers\Bullhorn_1\cfusion-ear\cfusion-war\BullhornSTAFFING\API\UpdateProfileAPI.cfm
11 CF_UPDATEPROFILEAPI (1,0) C:\jrun4\servers\Bullhorn_1\cfusion-ear\cfusion-war\BullhornSTAFFING\API\UpdateProfileAPI.cfm
Error Code: 8152
SQL State: 22001
So the problem is that one of the fields is too long to fit the database field, and I just assume it's the <SKILLS> field.
My question is: where can I find a list of all the fields and their size limit that may be updated through the UpdateProfileAPI.cfm? Or is there another way to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Nicu

MMartin4
User

Re: DB Query error on UpdateProfileAPI.cfm

Post by MMartin4 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:35 pm

Hi Nicu,

There is no documentation available specifically addressing the fields limits for the Legacy API call that you are using. However, there is documentation for our web services API which reflects the limits of the fields as they are in the main application. Those limits should apply.

We highly recommend upgrading to using our web services APIs as we are continuing to update/upgrade and fix this set of tools. You can find that documentation here http://developer.bullhorn.com/documentation.

I hope this is helpful.

Michael Martin
Enterprise Technical Support Analyst

bhession
User

Re: DB Query error on UpdateProfileAPI.cfm

Post by bhession » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:53 pm

Michael,

I'm working with Nicu on this issue. Would it be possible for you to try to submit the same XML that he posted to see exactly what's causing the problem? It's not possible for us to upgrade our web services APIs. This is something that's not an option at this time. If you could please take a look at this and let us know where the problem is, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Becky