Note added via API does not appear in Bullhorn

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's Webservices API suite

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

sourov.chatterjee
User

Note added via API does not appear in Bullhorn

Post by sourov.chatterjee » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:42 am

Hi there,

We did an update via API to add a new note and associate that to a candidate using the save method. I could see the data in a replicated database(provided by Bullhorn) that we have access to however, the new note does not appear in the Candidate's Note tab in Bulhorn.

We have also executed addNoteReference method to associate the new note to the candidate which still didn't make the note appear under the candidate in Bullhorn.

Thoughts?

MMartin4
User

Re: Note added via API does not appear in Bullhorn

Post by MMartin4 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:03 pm

Hi sourov.chatterjee,

First make sure that you're not having any issues starting a session.

Then I'd just do a query()/find() for the Candidate and the Note records. Just to make sure that the records are being returned the way they should be. I imagine this won't be a problem.

Once you've confirmed that the two records exist as they should, run the getEntityNotes() operation on the candidate record that you're working with. If the ID of the Note that you are testing comes back but you still cannot see the Note properly associated with the Candidate record in Bullhorn, then log a ticket with Bullhorn Support with the details of your test.

If you run the getEntityNotes() operation and you DO NOT see the Note ID then try running the addNoteReference() operation again and re-test.

Michael Martin
Enterprise Technical Support Analyst

sourov.chatterjee
User

Post by sourov.chatterjee » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:12 pm

The getEntityNotes() operation returned the note IDs that we inserted today however they still dont show up in Bullhorn. When we use addNoteReference to associate them to the userid once again we get an error/alert that 'note reference already exist'. This confirms the correct association.

I dont feel the need to run query()/find() operation as I already see the data in the replicated database(in BH_UserComment table) and also via getEntityNotes(). Please me know if this make sense.

Here are the Usercomment IDs

linked to userid - 1264278

MMartin4
User

Post by MMartin4 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:32 pm

Running the find() operation is just a check to ensure that the records are in the system right now and retrievable via the api.

If you're confident that the records are there and the associations are proven by the get methods, and you STILL do not see them in the UI, then you should open a ticket with Bullhorn Support. This way they'll be able to troubleshoot using your specific (private) client data.

Let them know how pervasive, or not, the issue is as well.