ParseResume Issue on API 2.0 (URGENT)

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's Webservices API suite

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

c.choy
User

Re: ParseResume Issue on API 2.0 (URGENT)

Post by c.choy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:34 am

Hi,

So you'll want to take the contents of the file as a string (so $resultcontent) and place that into the description/resume field on the candidate dto.

If you want to attach the resume to the candidate record you'll need to use the addFile operation. You'll need the binary of the file (probably via fread) and you'll also need the id of the candidate, so that means you've created the candidate already.

Hope that helps!

kkatusic
User

Post by kkatusic » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:18 pm

Hi,

I added "$resultcontent" to candidate "description/resume" field, but Bullhorn return me error that string isn't utf-8...., when I added "$contents64" field is populated but whit bunch of non-sense characters.

File for resume is uploaded in "Files" tabs with function addFile, but field "Resume" isn't populated, am I doing something wrong?

c.choy
User

Post by c.choy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:44 pm

Hi,

Okay, so I guess the files I've tested have adhered to a specific encoding. A quick search found this php function you might want to give a try:

utf8_encode($resultcontent)

and putting that in to the Description/Resume field on the candidate record.

I'm not quite clear on where you're referring to "Resume" field. Is that on the candidate dto, or are you seeing that on another entity? Could you mean the File type? Add File will just update the Files tab on the candidate within BH. It will not impact any of the fields of the Candidate Record itself.