last updated field for candidates / jobs / clients

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's Webservices API suite

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

andyr
User

last updated field for candidates / jobs / clients

Post by andyr » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:16 am

Hi,

I'm using the API to download data to our local server by a scheduled task which I want to run once a day. At the moment, I'm downloading all the data.

Is there a field wthin the JobOrder and JobSubmission entities that I can filter by "last Updated" date so that I only have to download the entities that have been added or been changed since I last grabbed the data ?

I.E - that I can change the where below to filter the records.

$query_array = array(
'entityName' => 'JobOrder',
'where' => "isDeleted!=1 and clientCorporationID =".$argv[0]." and status!='Archive' ",
'orderBys' => 'dateAdded desc',
'parameters' => array()
);

Would be appreciated if anyone knows.

Thanks,

Andy.

andyr
User

Re: last updated field for candidates / jobs / clients

Post by andyr » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:21 am

Hi,

I posted this a while ago but this is still causing issues. I also raised with Bullhorn support. Does anybody know whether last updated field is available in the Bullhorn API as it seems a big omission.

Andy.

Alliance
User

Post by Alliance » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:21 am

Andy,
The JobOrder DTO lacks a lastModified field, so it doesn't look like you'll be able to search on it directly.
You could implement a workaround, such as writing to your own database whenever a job is updated and referencing that.
It looks like another workaround option is creating a Note whenever a JobOrder is updated. Notes have a dateAdded field and can be associated to JobOrders, so you should be able to search for jobs with Notes that have been written since the date you are looking for. You'd need to distinguish "job update notes" from other job notes somehow.
Perhaps Bullhorn can suggest a more elegant solution.
Best of luck.

c.choy
User

Post by c.choy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:41 pm

I would use a subscription/events

Subscribing gives you a queue of events that you can pull with the eventsgetevents command. That way, on your nightly run you can work through all the events on that queue. The events will just be a message that something changed, so it'll say, job 19 was updated and the fields were: title, description. You'll have to do the find, etc to actually get the new values.