Fields Mapping with API C#

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's Webservices API suite

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

akash
User

Fields Mapping with API C#

Post by akash » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:14 am

Hello

I am new to bullhorn and looking to get some idea about fields mapping to extend a reporting system for my client.

I actually want to map the fields in the database for 2 things

1. Source [Target clients, Key Clients, Others etc.]

2. Type/Action [BD Target, Visits, Referral calls etc.]

Can somebody please help me to map the fields, so I can fetch it with the combination of in-house employee [Corporate] activity?

Awaiting helpful response.

Thank you.

s.emmons
User

Re: Fields Mapping with API C#

Post by s.emmons » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:57 pm

Hi akash,

I can't give you specific instructions without know which entities and fields you're looking to map. I would refer to the developer documentation to get a better idea of entities and their fields. Go to the following link and click Reference -> Entities : http://developer.bullhorn.com/doc/version_2-0/

I would also recommend reaching out to your client directly because the admin users will have access to the Field Mappings tool. They will be able to guide you through the current configuration of different fields on each entity and can enable and map any currently hidden or unused fields.
Sam Emmons
Enterprise Team Lead
BULLHORN
US Support 617-478-9126

akash
User

Post by akash » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:57 am

s.emmons wrote:Hi akash,

I can't give you specific instructions without know which entities and fields you're looking to map. I would refer to the developer documentation to get a better idea of entities and their fields. Go to the following link and click Reference -> Entities : http://developer.bullhorn.com/doc/version_2-0/

I would also recommend reaching out to your client directly because the admin users will have access to the Field Mappings tool. They will be able to guide you through the current configuration of different fields on each entity and can enable and map any currently hidden or unused fields.
Hi

After going through various threads as well as putting so much efforts in the test application, I am still not able to fetch the data for entities.

Here is the log what I am getting:

Step -1: Access default Candidate Entity
Result: Test worked fine and it returned list of candidates.

Step 2: Used “Job” entity listed in the website
Result: Error of “Unknown Entity: Job”

Step 3: After checking the original entity mapping, found that I should use "JobPosting" instead of "Job" and tried once again.

Result: Even after using original entity “JobPosting” instead of “Job”, Error of “Unknown Entity: JobPosting”

Please help me out with the things as it is getting to much critical for us.

Awaiting response.

c.choy
User

Post by c.choy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:31 am