JobOrder and Location search

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's Webservices API suite

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

brandon.burkett
User

JobOrder and Location search

Post by brandon.burkett » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:25 pm

Hello,

I have a few questions related to JobOrders and offering the ability (using the API) to refine jobs by city, state, or zip code.

1) Is it possible using to get unique/distinct cities, states, or zip codes for JobOrders just using the API? I know it can be done if we cache the JobOrders locally in our own database and run our own queries, but is it possible to do this just using the API? This would be used for a location drop down in a job search form.

I know the query method supports city, state, zip in the where clause, the question is mainly how to get unique location data for the drop down itself without caching locally (EX: a drop down of zip codes or a drop down of cities).

2) Does the API offer any other built-in refine/filter JobOrders by location information that can be done without caching data?

Thanks
Brandon

c.choy
User

Re: JobOrder and Location search

Post by c.choy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:42 am

Hi,

There is an address complex type on the JobOrder itself that stores the state, zip, etc in it (though country is a id tag that maps nowhere api visible). Given that, you could query off it; so you could have a where such as : address.state = 'Hampshire'

Not aware of any additional geo-searching options.

brandon.burkett
User

Post by brandon.burkett » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:52 am

Thanks. I understand how to query JobOrders by location / address data, I am more interested in getting a list of cities, states, or zip codes that are used by jobs (so we can use them in a drop down). Ideally, a query like this:

SELECT distinct(city) as city from JobOrders where isDeleted=0 and isOpen=1 and isPublic=1 and status='Accepting Candidates'

OR

SELECT distinct(zip) as zip from JobOrders where isDeleted=0 and isOpen=1 and isPublic=1 and status='Accepting Candidates'

----

This would allow me to show cities (that were actually used in JobOrders) in a drop down for a search/refine form. Make sense? I am just trying to see if something like this is built into the API, but as far as I can tell, it doesn't look like it is. I know I can do it if I cache the data in our local db, but want to know if it can be done just by the API.

Thanks,
Brandon

c.choy
User

Post by c.choy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:22 am

Ah, gotcha, sorry, misunderstood. Yes, I believe you're correct, I don't see a way to run the query for those values specifically.