PHP AttachFile.cfm HTML Resume Candidate Overview

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's Webservices API suite

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

Alliance
User

PHP AttachFile.cfm HTML Resume Candidate Overview

Post by Alliance » Thu May 02, 2013 10:02 am

Is anyone successfully using PHP to call the Legacy file attachment API AttachFile.cfm to attach a resume to a Candidate and have the HTML preview appear in the binocular and Candidate Overview tab?

If yes, could you please share how you got it to work?

List of resources I have read and found to be most helpful, but still can't get it to work:

Legacy File Attach not working using curl
Parse file attachement
Uploaded files do not show on bullhon control panel
AttachFile API -> Error: Invalid encryptedAPIKey
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) (On this page it says PHP cURL does not work with AttachFile.cfm)
AttachFile API -> Error: Invalid encryptedAPIKey
ParseResume
File Attaching
File attachment API
Add Candidate with resume
Problem with the AttachFile API
Resume uploading and description updating in profile in c#
BullhornSTAFFING API: Attach File

I have also tried using the Bullhorn AttachFileTest.cfm Tester Page, which works, sniffing the packets sent using Wireshark and WinPcap, and manually reconstructing the POST request and headers using the data sniffed from the Tester's request. Couldn't get it to work (AttachFile.cfm responds with a timeout after 30 seconds).

Any help is appreciated!

s.emmons
User

Re: PHP AttachFile.cfm HTML Resume Candidate Overview

Post by s.emmons » Fri May 03, 2013 9:33 am

Hi Alliance,

I just wanted to let you know that our legacy APIs are scheduled to be decommissioned in December 31st, 2013.

We highly recommend conducting new development using WebServices 2.5 (SOAP based) or our recently released REST APIs.

You can find out more information about both versions, as well as links to articles and samples, here: http://developer.bullhorn.com/documentation
Sam Emmons
Enterprise Team Lead
BULLHORN
US Support 617-478-9126

Alliance
User

Post by Alliance » Fri May 03, 2013 11:41 am

Sam,
Please be kind enough to show me where in the documentation you provided it explains how to attach resumes to the Candidate Overview tab and binocular preview using the SOAP or REST API.

Alliance
User

Post by Alliance » Fri May 10, 2013 10:42 am

Sam, we are still waiting for a response on this.

s.emmons
User

Post by s.emmons » Thu May 16, 2013 4:36 pm

Hi Alliance,

The field that is shown on the candidate overview page and in the binoculars preview function is the description field on the Candidate entity.

For SOAP, you can find the documentation for Candidate here: http://developer.bullhorn.com/doc/versi ... didate.htm

The operation you need to use to update this field on different candidate records is "save". The documentation for this operation can be found here: http://developer.bullhorn.com/doc/versi ... n-save.htm

In REST, you would be updating the same field, but you would be using the /entity operation and POST method to make the update. Details on the /entity operation start on page 17 of the REST reference documentation, located here: http://developer.bullhorn.com/sites/def ... -12-13.pdf
Sam Emmons
Enterprise Team Lead
BULLHORN
US Support 617-478-9126

Alliance
User

Post by Alliance » Thu May 16, 2013 5:19 pm

Sam,
I am currently saving the Candidate using the method you described, but back to my original question, how do I get an HTML preview in the binocular/Candidate Overview Tab?

s.emmons
User

Post by s.emmons » Fri May 17, 2013 8:42 am

Hi Alliance,

You must insert the HTML content of the resume into the description field on the Candidate entity.
Sam Emmons
Enterprise Team Lead
BULLHORN
US Support 617-478-9126