SSO for an Integration IFrame

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's Webservices API suite

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

ThatAsurintGuy
User

SSO for an Integration IFrame

Post by ThatAsurintGuy » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:33 am

Hi, I'm developing an integration with Bullhorn that will have a new tab on the candidate view. This tab will have an IFrame which will load a custom web application on the Asurint site. The application will allow the Bullhorn user to initiate background screening orders on the candidate and view results from previous background screens. The background screens contain sensitive data, so I need to authenticate the user. I would like to have SSO or similar functionality so that the Bullhorn user can access the integration from multiple candidate views without logging in each time. What would be the best way to implement SSO or something similar?

pmularski
Bullhorn Support Staff

Re: SSO for an Integration IFrame

Post by pmularski » Thu May 05, 2016 9:36 am

Good Morning AsurintGuy,

While I cannot specifically guide you through the process, I can provide some feedback in terms of what some of our other clients have done in similar situations.

We support Bullhorn users connecting through SAML 2.0/SSO, however we do not have any integrations which utilize this with a third party. The majority of our integrations utilizing functionality similar to this would have a sign in page, where the user re-inputs their username and password. That is then stored on your side and anytime they access a page, it will load the sign in page. Based on how you configure this they shouldn't require logging in each time, but that is entirely up to your preference.

I hope this is helpful.
Patrick Mularski
Senior Enterprise Support Analyst
B U L L H O R N
Staffing and Recruiting Software, On Target, On Demand
Bullhorn Support Contact Numbers
US: 617-478-9126
UK: 44 800 032 2848
Australia: 61 28 073 5089
International: 617-478-9131