Invalid response returned by find operation

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's Webservices API suite

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

jdonnelly
User

Re: Invalid response returned by find operation

Post by jdonnelly » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:32 pm

Hello Sourov,

It does indeed sound like data is causing an issue somewhere in the transaction. I was able to create a client application using three separate languages that process that candidate without issue, so that plus the error message makes me think that the error is occurring somewhere on your side and is prompted by something in that candidate's data. What library are you referring to - was that something included with an article? If so, what language?

The error is stating that your code cannot process the xml document that was returned from the web service. Can you provide the response that your application is receiving for the find operation? Can you also provide the exact error message that you are receiving for this candidate? This error message contains the line and the character, so we should just be able to look at the response that you provide and determine what exactly it is that is causing the failure.

Please let me know if anything is not clear or if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Jon Donnelly
Technical Support Engineer
Developer Forum Admin
B U L L H O R N
support@bullhorn.com

sourov.chatterjee
User

Post by sourov.chatterjee » Wed May 04, 2011 3:33 pm

#369335;957910;1318245;1318246;1333606;1350422;1839354;1948661; candidates are failing now out of 3100 records that were successfully posted. Any thoughts?

jdonnelly
User

Post by jdonnelly » Mon May 09, 2011 8:56 am

Hello Sourov,

Again, I am unable to reproduce the exception with three separate languages. I need more details in order to reproduce the exception or I need the data that I requested last so that we can work through the exception with your code. So, can you provide info on the library that you are referring to and the language that you are using? Or, can you provide the entire response that your application is receiving for the find operation and the exact error message that you are receiving when attempting to deserialize the response xml?

Thanks,
Jon Donnelly
Developer Forum Admin
B U L L H O R N
support@bullhorn.com

sourov.chatterjee
User

Post by sourov.chatterjee » Wed May 18, 2011 11:37 am

Jon - Unfortunately, I dont see detailed error when I debug. One thing I found out about these IDs:
#369335;957910;1318245;1318246;1333606;1350422;1839354;1948661;

is that these are all delete records(marked deleted i.e. isDelete=1 in BhCandidate table) in Bullhorn system. Is this a problem that I am trying to update the candidates email address [to a hard wired value 'ClearedEmail'].

jdonnelly
User

Post by jdonnelly » Mon May 23, 2011 10:08 am

Hello Sourov,

There should be no issue with updating a candidate that has the isDeleted property set to true (I just performed this operation to double-check), so I don't think that is the cause of the issue. The error that you are seeing caused by the fact that your application is having trouble digesting the response that we are sending it. So, we need to determine why the XML is failing to be parsed on your side. If you can provide your code, I can help debug so that we can find the cause of the issue.

Thanks,
Jon Donnelly
Developer Forum Admin
B U L L H O R N
support@bullhorn.com

sourov.chatterjee
User

Post by sourov.chatterjee » Tue May 24, 2011 9:32 am

Hi Jon,

Is there any email address you have that I can send the code to? I dont want to post it in the forum.

Thanks,

Sourov

jdonnelly
User

Post by jdonnelly » Tue May 24, 2011 10:20 am

Hi Sourov,

I sent you an email. You can reply to that address with the code.

Thanks!
Jon Donnelly
Developer Forum Admin
B U L L H O R N
support@bullhorn.com

jdonnelly
User

Post by jdonnelly » Fri May 27, 2011 1:02 pm

Hi Sourov,

I just wanted to follow up on this thread. I have replied to you via email with a C# project that I used to retrieve the information for the candidates that you are having issues with.

Thanks,
Jon Donnelly
Developer Forum Admin
B U L L H O R N
support@bullhorn.com

jdonnelly
User

Post by jdonnelly » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hello,

Following up on this thread... We have identified the root cause of this issue offline and the cause was due to the fact that the C# web service proxy class file that was being used was generated against an old version of the WSDL (proxy class was using API 1.0 instead of API 1.1). There are known issues in API 1.0 that were addressed in 1.1.

Thanks,
Jon Donnelly
Developer Forum Admin
B U L L H O R N
support@bullhorn.com