Possible to pass values to custom display component?

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's Webservices API suite

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

FalconDEW
User

Possible to pass values to custom display component?

Post by FalconDEW » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:55 pm

I plan on writing a custom component that requires the candidateID as an input parameter. I'm going to place this component on a custom tab, but I'm wondering how to get the candidateID passed to the component? Is it possible to pull that information from the page.request object... or maybe pass it through the a key in the URL I enter into the default value of the field mapping?

apsmith
Site Admin

Re: Possible to pass values to custom display component?

Post by apsmith » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:54 pm

FalconDev,

You can find documentation on this here: http://developer.bullhorn.com/doc/under ... onents.htm

If you have further questions, please reply.
Andrew Smith
Director, Technical Operations
Developer Forum Admin

FalconDEW
User

Post by FalconDEW » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:27 pm

Thanks for the reply. I've actually gone over that article extensively before I wrote my original post.

The reason for my question is because based on the documentation it appears that the only parameters passed from Bullhorn at the time it calls my custom display component are: CorporationID, currentBullhornUrl, EntityID, EntityType, Height, PrivateLabelID, UserID, and Width. What I'm trying to determine is whether or not it's possible to pass contextual information from the current bullhorn screen, such as CandidateID or PlacementID, to my custom display component? From what I've seen it doesn't look like it's possible... so I'm writing in hopes that there's something I've overlooked.

apsmith
Site Admin

Post by apsmith » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:39 pm

Falcon,

You are correct, to get the information that you are looking for, you would use a webservice query to get the information, based on the provided data.
Andrew Smith
Director, Technical Operations
Developer Forum Admin

nchoi18
User

Post by nchoi18 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:21 am

The parameter currentBullhornUrl is throwing off my URL so that the receiving application displays a page not found error. Is there any way to configure Bullhorn not to append the currentBullhornUrl (it is specifically the %2E in the value)? The other parameters are fine.

r.knight
User

Post by r.knight » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:53 am

nchoi18,

Unfortunately this is not something that we can exclude. I would suggest figuring out how to strip the URL if it's throwing off the app.
Ryan Knight
Principal Enterprise Support Analyst and Team Lead
B U L L H O R N
33-41 Farnsworth Street, 5th Floor, Boston, MA 02210
US Support: 617-478-9126
International Support: +1 617 478 9131
http://www.bullhorn.com