Convert Backup File To Lower SQL Version

Post questions on how to interpret your Bullhorn SQL Server backup of your Database.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons

DigiSoyTech
User

Convert Backup File To Lower SQL Version

Post by DigiSoyTech » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:21 am

The company I work for has been provided a backup of our database, but the file was backed up in the SQL 2014 format. Unfortunately we are currently using SQL 2008R2, and cannot use the file in any way. Is it possible for someone at Bullhorn to follow the procedure below to provide the backup file in a format that we can use?

http://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/2 ... r-version/

Thank You,
-Ed

apsmith
Site Admin

Re: Convert Backup File To Lower SQL Version

Post by apsmith » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:02 pm

Ed,

Unfortunately our Databases platform has been completely upgraded to SQL Server 2014 and we cannot provide the backup in previous versions of the software.
Andrew Smith
Director, Technical Operations
Developer Forum Admin

DigiSoyTech
User

Re: Convert Backup File To Lower SQL Version

Post by DigiSoyTech » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:10 pm

Andrew-

I understand that your environment has been upgraded to SQL 2014, and any backup files created, will be incompatible with SQL2008R2. What I am asking is, if the procedure I have suggested (per the link provided), can be performed so that we can received a scripted version of the database, that we can then import into our SQL2008R2 (standard edition) system.

We are a small environment, and do no have the resources to install SQL2014 to attempt this on our own. Our business relies on this information, and will be unable to operate without it.

Thank You,
-Ed