Corrupt backup?

Post questions on how to interpret your Bullhorn SQL Server backup of your Database.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons

IWebster
User

Corrupt backup?

Post by IWebster » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:02 pm

After requesting our first backup I have been able to download the RAR file via SFTP and successfully decompress the archive. However, when attempting to run the .safe file through the SafeToSQL utility I am receiving the following error:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\Idera\SafeToSQL>safetosql c:\ftp\bh\BULLHORN######_FULL_2014_2016.07.26_01.15.08.safe -Output c:\ftp\bh\ -Password ################

SQLsafe SafeToSQL Version 8.3.0.419 (x64)
Copyright (c) 2004-2016 Idera, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
<http://www.idera.com/>
An error occurred while initializing support for SQL Server native backups.  Only SQLsafe archives will be readable.  Diagnostic Information follows:
System.IO.FileLoadException: Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v2.0.50727' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional configuration information.
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoadFile(String path, Evidence evidence)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFile(String path)
   at Idera.SQLsafe.Shared.Service.Backup.BackupSetHeader..cctor()

The header for the backup archive cannot be read.  The file may not be a valid backup archive.
This is being run on a Windows 10 machine with the 64bit version of SafeToSQL.

I am trying to identify whether this is an issue with the .safe file being corrupt or an issue with the SafeToSQL installation. Has anyone else seen a similar issue?

apsmith
Site Admin

Re: Corrupt backup?

Post by apsmith » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:11 pm

There is a thread on this particular issue found here:

http://supportforums.bullhorn.com/viewt ... 34&t=23097
Andrew Smith
Director, Technical Operations
Developer Forum Admin