BH SQL Database Merging

Post questions on how to interpret your Bullhorn SQL Server backup of your Database.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons

nileshgupta
User

BH SQL Database Merging

Post by nileshgupta » Thu May 03, 2018 5:04 pm

Hello BH Team,

While merging database Im facing problem, when I merge one BH SQL database to other BH SQL database, it creates problem. Please let me know what are all the tables which are interdependent(dependency) on each other.

Also why there are so many constraints used?

Thanks,
Nilesh

jwheeler
User

Re: BH SQL Database Merging

Post by jwheeler » Mon May 07, 2018 2:14 pm

Hello Nilesh,

I believe the best resource to answer these questions regarding our database architecture can be found here:

https://help.bullhorn.com/s/article/Und ... ationships

Thanks!
Jake

nileshgupta
User

Post by nileshgupta » Tue May 08, 2018 2:54 pm

Hello Jake,

Thank you for the reply. I wanted to know why so many constraints are used and can we drop the constraints?

Also I can see a candidate history table, I'm not sure why it is there and in order to merge one candidate table with other do I need to first merge with Candidate history first?

index_name index_description index_keys
XAK1Candidate nonclustered, unique located on BULLHORN_INDEX userID, recruiterUserID
XIE_BH_Candidate_recruiterUserID_isDeleted nonclustered located on BULLHORN_INDEX recruiterUserID, isDeleted
XIE_Candidate_isPrimaryOwner nonclustered located on BULLHORN_INDEX isPrimaryOwner
XIE1Candidate nonclustered located on BULLHORN_INDEX recruiterUserID, userID, isPrimaryOwner, status, isDeleted
XIE2Candidate clustered located on BULLHORN_DATA userID, recruiterUserID, isPrimaryOwner, status, isDeleted
XIECandidate_isDeleted_isPrimaryOwner nonclustered located on BULLHORN_INDEX isDeleted, isPrimaryOwner
XIECandidate_isPrimaryOwner_7904E1049B nonclustered located on BULLHORN_INDEX isPrimaryOwner
XPKCandidate nonclustered, unique, primary key located on BULLHORN_DATA candidateID

Thank you,
Nilesh

jwheeler
User

Post by jwheeler » Tue May 08, 2018 3:36 pm

The constraint rules are present to ensure the optimization and integrity of our databases. I do not recommend removing them as this would open the possibility for breaking table relationships and corrupting the data.

The candidate history table houses the edit history information you see in Bullhorn under the Activity Tab for a candidate. If you have two candidate tables and two candidate history tables, you would need to merge both sets together while preserving the identifiers that associate one table with the records on the other.

Are you merging two Bullhorn databases or a Bullhorn and external database?

nileshgupta
User

Post by nileshgupta » Mon May 21, 2018 7:39 pm

Hi Jake,

Thank you so much for the reply. I'm trying to merge 2 BH databases only. One is incremental database and the other is complete database that we have purchased from BH. So it is two Bullhorn Databases.

If you could please recommend what needs to be done, that would be highly appreciated

Thank you,
Nilesh