OpportunityHistory vs OpportunityEditHistory

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's new REST API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

ivandevpartner
User

OpportunityHistory vs OpportunityEditHistory

Post by ivandevpartner » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:11 am

Hello,
I have noticed that the API supports calls to OpportunityHistory and OpportunityEditHistory + OpportunityEditHistoryFieldChanges tables.
Bh docs, at least as far as what I dug through, do not specify the difference between those two tables in terms of history keeping logic.

Some opportunities that I see have a status field different to the one in their latest OpportunityHistory record.
Could it be that the OpportunityHistory table only maintains a record of past values and not the current one? If so, what strategy should be used to keep track of opportunities' fields or shall I use the OpportunityEditHistory + OpportunityEditHistoryFieldChanges tables?

What is interesting is that although the status values differ, the dateEffective values are the same in both Opportunity and their OpportunityHistory records.

DanJSupport
User

Re: OpportunityHistory vs OpportunityEditHistory

Post by DanJSupport » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:58 pm

Hi Ivan,

The OpportunityHistory corresponds to the Status History section in the Opportunity's Activity Tab. It is a tracking of a few key fields such as the status, deal value, win probability and effective date.

The OpportunityEditHistory and OpportunityEditHistoryFieldChange correspond to the full edit history section. It tracks edits to all the fields.

Most of the time the fields in the {entity}History are the ones people are looking for so it is a bit easier to query that than querying the {entity}EditHistory and {entity}HistoryFieldChange
Dan Johnson
Tier 2 / Enterprise Support
Bullhorn Support US: 617-478-9126
Bullhorn Support UK: 44 800 032 2848
Bullhorn Support Australia: 61 28 073 5089
Bullhorn Support International: 617-478-9131

ivandevpartner
User

Post by ivandevpartner » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:32 am

Thanks for the reply.
I am interested in the status field so looks like the simple OpportunityHistory approach would be a bit more straightforward.
However it is still unclear to me why the values of the "status" field are not the same in the OpportunityHistory and the Opportunity itself.

DanJSupport
User

Post by DanJSupport » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:45 am

Hi Ivan,

Could you explain what you mean? The values for Status should be the same as what is in the history. It's possible that there are some statuses that may have been removed from the field mapping by an Admin, or an API added a different status than is available to users in the App, but for the most part they should be aligned.
Dan Johnson
Tier 2 / Enterprise Support
Bullhorn Support US: 617-478-9126
Bullhorn Support UK: 44 800 032 2848
Bullhorn Support Australia: 61 28 073 5089
Bullhorn Support International: 617-478-9131