How to use additionalJobCriteria

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

CLUser
User

How to use additionalJobCriteria

Post by CLUser »

Hi from Australia,

I am trying to request my jobs I have created by a category called department. I believe the app.json file has a "additionalJobCriteria" field which may be what I'm looking for. For example, the following code works to get jobs that are have an "employmentType" of "part-time". Great.

"additionalJobCriteria": {
"field": "employmentType",
"values": ["part-time"],
"sort": "-dateLastPublished"
}

What I really want however are my jobs that have a "publishedCategory" value that is an object with a certain "id" value inside of an object. For example, I want all "Internal" jobs which have a category id of 2000001. This code doesn't work.
"additionalJobCriteria": {
"field": "publishedCategory",
"values": [{ "id": "2000001", "name": "Internal" }],
"sort": "-dateLastPublished"
}

I believe the differences with the above examples is that "employmentType" only expects a string, whereas "publishedCategory" appears to need an object, and I may be passing in these parameters incorrectly. Can someone point me in the right direction?
mholmemi
User

Re: How to use additionalJobCriteria

Post by mholmemi »

Hi CLUser,

This is Mikaela from Bullhorn Support.

I would try "values": [{ "id": 2000001}]. Since it is an integer you don't need quotes and the id should suffice.

Let me know if that works!

Best,
Mikaela
Mikaela Holme-Miller | Tier II/Enterprise Support Analyst
rlh20191
User

Post by rlh20191 »

Hello,

I am also having a difficult time getting results to properly display using additionalJobCriteria in the app.json file. Here's my syntax, I'd appreciate any help you can provide.

additionalJobCriteria":{"field":"publishedCategory","values":[{"id": 2000001,2000002,2000009,2000008,2000005}]

Thank you for your help with this!
Last edited by rlh20191 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bbagwell
User

Post by bbagwell »

Are you doing a POST against the JobOrder entity, or is this a massUpdate call?
rlh20191 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:59 am Hello,

I am also having a difficult time getting results to properly display using additionalJobCriteria in the app.json file. Here's my syntax, I'd appreciate any help you can provide.

additionalJobCriteria":{"field":"publishedCategory","values":[{"id": 2000001,2000002,2000009,2000008,2000005}]

Thank you for your help with this!
rlh20191
User

Post by rlh20191 »

Similar to CLUser, I'm trying to post the jobs to the page on the website. So its the simplest of your implementations using the app.json additionalJobCriteria settings, no custom code or calls via API. Regular support says they cannot assist with syntax in app.json. Thank you.
ggaragiola
User

Post by ggaragiola »

Hello,

This is Grant from Bullhorn.

What is the full query you are running to post these jobs to your portal? ANd what is the error code you are running into?

Thank you
rlh20191
User

Post by rlh20191 »

See below, note that I have redacted some information as to the identity of my client. If you need any of that information, I'd want to send it privately. I have removed the company name, corpToken, swimlane and link to their terms of service, none of which are causing the issue. The part causing problems is bolded below (also with URL redacted).

The error message is Application initialization failed, please check your app.json file: Http failure during parsing for https://www.REDACTED.com/wp-content/plu ... p/app.json

{"acceptedResumeTypes":["pdf","odt"],"companyName":"COMPANY NAME REDACTED","defaultLocale":"en-US","supportedLocales":["en-US","en-GB","fr-FR"],"minUploadSize":4096,"maxRelatedJobs":5,"maxUploadSize":5242880,"service":{"batchSize":500,"corpToken":"REDACTED","port":null,"swimlane":"REDACTED","fields":["id","title","publishedCategory(id,name)","address(city,state,countryName)","employmentType","dateLastPublished","publicDescription","isOpen","isPublic","isDeleted","publishedZip","salary","salaryUnit"],"jobInfoChips":["",{"type":"mediumDate","field":"dateLastPublished"}],"showCategory":true,"keywordSearchFields":["publicDescription","title"]},"additionalJobCriteria":{"field":"["categoryID"]","values":["[2000001,2000009,2000005,2000008]"],"sort":"-dateLastPublished"},"integrations":{"googleAnalytics":{"trackingId":null},"googleSiteVerification":{"verificationCode":""}},"eeoc":{"genderRaceEthnicity":false,"veteran":true,"disability":false},"privacyConsent":{"consentCheckbox":true,"sidebarLink":false,"privacyPolicyUrl":"#"}}
rlh20191
User

Post by rlh20191 »

ggaragiola wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:22 pm Hello,

This is Grant from Bullhorn.

What is the full query you are running to post these jobs to your portal? ANd what is the error code you are running into?

Thank you
Hi Grant, I don't know if you saw my post on 10/19, copying it here. Hope you can help! Thanks!

See below, note that I have redacted some information as to the identity of my client. If you need any of that information, I'd want to send it privately. I have removed the company name, corpToken, swimlane and link to their terms of service, none of which are causing the issue. The part causing problems is bolded below (also with URL redacted).

The error message is Application initialization failed, please check your app.json file: Http failure during parsing for https://www.REDACTED.com/wp-content/plu ... p/app.json

{"acceptedResumeTypes":["pdf","odt"],"companyName":"COMPANY NAME REDACTED","defaultLocale":"en-US","supportedLocales":["en-US","en-GB","fr-FR"],"minUploadSize":4096,"maxRelatedJobs":5,"maxUploadSize":5242880,"service":{"batchSize":500,"corpToken":"REDACTED","port":null,"swimlane":"REDACTED","fields":["id","title","publishedCategory(id,name)","address(city,state,countryName)","employmentType","dateLastPublished","publicDescription","isOpen","isPublic","isDeleted","publishedZip","salary","salaryUnit"],"jobInfoChips":["",{"type":"mediumDate","field":"dateLastPublished"}],"showCategory":true,"keywordSearchFields":["publicDescription","title"]},"additionalJobCriteria":{"field":"["categoryID"]","values":["[2000001,2000009,2000005,2000008]"],"sort":"-dateLastPublished"},"integrations":{"googleAnalytics":{"trackingId":null},"googleSiteVerification":{"verificationCode":""}},"eeoc":{"genderRaceEthnicity":false,"veteran":true,"disability":false},"privacyConsent":{"consentCheckbox":true,"sidebarLink":false,"privacyPolicyUrl":"#"}}