BBO API filtering

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

jasondem
User

BBO API filtering

Post by jasondem » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:03 pm

I'm trying to find the documentation for the BBO API for filtering results. I can't seem to find filtering mechanisms like greater than or less than, and actually have an entity that is exceeding a 5000 count. Does anyone have a place where I can find how to format the filtering portion of the URL?

Format:

Code: Select all

https://api.bbo.bullhornstaffing.com/v1.0/AssignmentOvertimeRules?count=5000&<filter criteria>&token=<token>&vanityName=<vanityname>
The one filter I've been able to get to work, but only for equals:

Code: Select all

https://api.bbo.bullhornstaffing.com/v1.0/AssignmentOvertimeRules?count=5000&id=11&token=<token>&vanityName=<vanityname>
I'm looking to sort the entity and ideally select IDs below or above a given number.

Thanks,
Jason

zgonza
User

Re: BBO API filtering

Post by zgonza » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:53 pm

Hello,

There is API documentation in the Control Panel of BBO. In that PDF would be any information surrounding API utilization with BBO. I have included a photo below of where that can be found. Take a peek there and let me know if the documentation still doesn't have what you are looking for.

Best,
Attachments
BBO API Documentation Link.png
BBO API Documentation Link.png (42.87 KiB) Viewed 1027 times

jasondem
User

Post by jasondem » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:02 pm

Hello,

That is great information (no really, getting the backstory on this API is pretty helpful). I found these other API documents here seem to be more up to date (as the entities seem to have changed between when the company that originally made BBO was acquired).

I don't see any filtering information (such as syntax) in the GET responses for any of the documentation. Do you know where I might find that? It appears to not be following the same Lucene query syntax as the main Bullhorn API.

jasondem
User

Post by jasondem » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:27 pm

Hello,

The API Documentation (both what you linked to and the newer documentation) doesn't include any filtering mechanisms other than equals. Could it be that other methods weren't implemented? If you have an example of a filtering mechanism other than equals, I think I can probably be on my merry way.