Open data default versus data tied to user

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

jdemid
User

Open data default versus data tied to user

Post by jdemid »

We have a few clients that use an open view of their org i.e all users can see all data related to jobs, candidates, contacts, and companies. Other clients lock this information down based on the user i.e. each user sees the data they input.

Salesforce, by default, uses the locked down scenario for customization. How does Bullhorn handle this related to Salesforce? Is the default that Bullhorn users can see all information across the organization or is the default users can only see the data they enter (Salesforce default). This comes with the assumption you develop both scenarios, but we are trying to figure out the best default development scenario.

Thank you!

lciastko
User

Re: Open data default versus data tied to user

Post by lciastko »

Hi there,

Bullhorn has a UserType permission system in place to allow and restrict users from performing specific functions within Bullhorn. For example, if you have user XYZ and you do not want that user to be able to add or edit candidates to Bullhorn, you can restrict that access. Adding and removing entitlements is pretty flexible within Bullhorn.

When using an API user, you can still restrict certain accesses; however, by default, the API users have most permissions.

I hope this helps,
Lindsay

Kasey00
User

Re: Open data default versus data tied to user

Post by Kasey00 »

lciastko wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:16 am
Hi there,

Bullhorn has a UserType permission system in place to allow and restrict users from performing specific functions within Bullhorn. For example, if you have user XYZ and you do not want that user to be able to add or edit candidates to Bullhorn, you can restrict that access. Adding and removing entitlements is pretty flexible within Bullhorn.

When using an API user, you can still restrict certain accesses; however, by default, the API users have most permissions.

I hope this helps,
Lindsay
Sometimes the drop-down functions don't match exact scenarios, it would be nice to be able to edit OTHER with an explanation.